46

Catra felt safe. She felt a tingly sensation when met with being trapped in a bed with someone so familiar it hurt.

Adora.

Even after everything that's happened, even all everything she's done, Adora is here. I had a chance..

She leaned into Adora's collarbones and teared up. She felt happy, so happy in fact, for being here. Safe. With Adora.

"What the.."

"I didn't mean to wake you up, I'm sorry."

"No, no, it's fine," Adora sat up dreamily and yawned, stretching up. She felt pain in her shoulder but also on her neck, and last time she checked she hadn't been stabbed there.

"What?" Catra asked, sitting up now too.

"This is gonna sound stupid but..what did we do in here?" Adora asked hesitantly.

Catra had a clear image of something. It must've made all the edge in the blonde disappear if it made her forget the entire night. "No clue," she lied through her teeth.

"Catra, no lies, remember?"

"W-Well I wasn't lying, I just wasn't telling the truth," she laughed awkwardly. Adora smiled and hugged onto the feline again. "You can tell me anything you know," she soothed.

"Can I though?" Catra snorted. "You'll freak out."

"I promise I won't," Adora said whilst letting go of Catra and waiting for her response.

"Ok fine...I bit you. A lot. Look," Catra turned over and grabbed a convenient mirror, giving it to Adora and looking away with a wild blush.

"You did—woah." Her neck was full of marks that were pink and red, some purple from bruising. Some memories of the night came flashing back. "I.."

"Yeah, see? I knew you'd get mad!" Catra whined and flopped back down onto the comfortable pillows. "It was in the moment.." Adora admired them silently. "Adora?"

"Is this a cat thing?" Adora teased with a smiled. Catra snarled and kicked her arm from her laying position, making the blonde laugh and lean back with her. Catra made a move and kissed Adora's lips hungrily, Adora kissing back and brushing her hand against the other's cheeks. "This is not because I like you," Catra breathed.

Adora stopped kissing her and glared. "Shut up, Catra!" The feline snorted and tried to hide from an onslaught of affection. Adora kicked at Catra's legs trapping them; she easily coddled the cat and started kissing her face, every inch of it until she was being clawed away. "I love you. Say it back."

"Never!"

Catra pushed against Adora as she squirmed into a tight embrace, trapping the feline in her tracks. Adora closed her eyes and became the little spoon. "Please? For me?" Adora pleased. Catra sighed and hugged Adora, taking in her scent. "You're lucky you're so cute and stupid, Adora," she sneered playfully.

Adora gave her the puppy eyes. "Pleeeaaase??"

"Ew, don't do that." Catra let Adora laugh at her and hide her face against her flat chest. "I love you."

"See? Not so hard Now was it?"

"It actually took me a lot of mental preparation, Adora, I hope your happy," Catra teased and also let Adora punch her rib. "But seriously, Catra, do you mean it?" Adora said seriously. The feline girl shook her head and smiled, pecking the blonde's forehead. "Always and forever, 𝘔𝘺 𝘴𝘵𝘶𝘱𝘪𝘥 𝘪𝘥𝘪𝘰𝘵."

"Don't touch me you asshole," Adora slapped Catra's head lightly and kept hugging her. She closed her eyes and smelt the freshness of clean fur and tree bark.

Catra chuckled and let her be this time. Today was a day to enjoy life, finally.