49

{trigger warning: abuse, ptsd, vomit, crying. if any of these apply I would recommend skipping this.}

"Hey Adora~."

"Catra! Don't scare me like that you—"

"What? You won't say it."

Adora threw a slap at Catra but the feline deflected it and dipped her, sweeping her legs and pinning her into the floor.

"Nice fall, princess~."

"Catra.."

Adora bit her lip and looked away. "It feels like..something familiar. This, I mean."

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Catra answered flatly. She moved in closer but Shadow Weaver came in and scooped Catra up with her magic.

"What is the meaning of this??"

"Ah-ma'am—she was just teaching me some techniques, there was nothing bad-"

Shadow Weaver picked up Adora too and Catra's eyes went wide. "Adora!!"

"She has no skill and is worthless Adora, she cannot teach you anything, unless.."

Shadow Weaver looked at Catra menacingly and grabbed her head harshly. "Catra!!"

"Relax, darling, this will all be a dream soon..~"

"DON'T TOUCH ME!!"

Adora sat at the same time Catra did, and her eyes widened when Catra started to cry. "What happened?? Who's attacking?!" Adora yelled, but that didn't stop the other girl.

"Catra, who touched you..?"

"No one, go back to sleep.." Catra brushed off Adora's touch weakly but Adora persisted and managed to hug her. "You can talk to me, you know. I get nightmares sometimes.."

"Sometimes? I thought it was all the time," Catra sniffled and wiped her eyes with a forced grin on her face. "Catra.."

"Just leave me alone.."

"No, I'm not leaving you alone again."

Adora grabbed Catra's cheeks and placed a delicate kiss onto the other's forehead. "Kisses don't fix it, but maybe it'll make you feel better. Just tell me what's going on."

"It—It was just a dream, right??" Catra laid back down with Adora following. "In the Fright Zone..I had you pinned down and Shadow Weaver came in and..and.."

Catra choked up and turned away from her girlfriend, who leaned over to try and see Catra's face. "She grabbed us, with her shadow magic..and I don't remember the rest.."

"Maybe that's a memory, then." Adora suggested. She leaned over and started to spoon the feline girl. She closed her eyes and kissed Catra's back. "No matter what, she can't hurt us anymore ok? I won't let it happen."

"You and your heroism.." Catra scoffed. She grabbed Adora's hand and held it tightly with her own. "Can we stay like this..?"

"What do you mean?" Adora asked.

"Just..this." Catra said, she pecked Adora's fingers, each one calloused and gripping against Catra's knuckles. She played with Adora's fingers and focused on them, not the dream. "Sure, I don't mind."

Adora drifted off soon after, cuddled against Catra's stiff back.

She didn't sleep the rest of the night.

}^_^{

Adora fluttered open her eyes. Catra wasn't there; she must've gone to get food or something like training. A weird feeling stuck with her when she eventually got dressed and out the door into a new day.