40

[wow, 40 chapters. this is fun. also tw: violence and blood and swearing.]

"Ow.."

Catra woke up with a slap to the forehead. She blinked rapidly and tired to move her hands, but they were tied behind her back.

"Catra! You're awake!" The feline heard Adora's voice and turned to it, only to see the person she didn't want to see.

Lonnie.

"What a fucking surprise, coming back here to beg for forgiveness," Lonnie began. She turned to Adora and pulled on her hair; Catra growled. "And with Adora? You're too low in your grave to pull shit like this."

"Lonnie, that's not why I'm here, just let me—"

"SHUT UP!" Lonnie screamed. "I'm sick and tired of doing shit for you! I'm tired of you being all macho-man, hurting my friends..hurting me."

Adora's hair was let go and the blonde sighed, but then she felt a sharp kick in the stomach. "Stop it!! Don't hurt her!" Catra yelled. "Oh please, back then you wouldn't hesitate to rip her face off."

Lonnie stepped back and let another person grab Adora and shove her near the blown up throne. The air was smoky and not rich at all, making Adora cough into her chest.

"Aww, poor, helpless Adora.." Lonnie circled the girl. "You're seriously forgiving her? After everything that's happened?!"

"She—AGH!"

"STOP IT! You fucking—MMMmmM!" Catra's mouth was shut with a cloth.

Adora raised her calf in pain. "Kyle, you idiot, I didn't say stab her!" Lonnie took a knife away from the blonde boy, who pouted.

Adora looked around the room and saw that Rogelio was holding Catra, who looked terrified.

"Look what you're doing, Lonnie. You may have given these people a place but you're just like her."

The brunette yelled out in anger. She brought her fish up into the air and bluntly hit the blonde on the cheek, taking her down to the floor.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that to your stuck up ass." Lonnie cracked her neck and chuckled darkly. Adora rose up into a kneeled position, spitting blood out of her mouth. "Why? Why me? All I wanted to do was help!"

"YOU LEFT US!" Lonnie kicked the girl into the ground, holding her down with her foot. "And now, you're going to leave this world with your pathetic little bestie over there."

Catra's eyes widened, and she kicked Rogelio in the balls, kicking him away and running over to them. She tackled Lonnie whole Kyle squealed and his behind his boyfriend not really boyfriend but boy friend.

"If you wanna take me out, do it! Don't bring Adora into this!"

Lonnie aimed a cheep shot at Catra's tail, pulling her off and kicking the feline in the chest, sending her into the metal wall. "You know, after all these years, I still hate you."

"Same hat," Catra sneered. The two were about to brawl but Adora screamed out instead. "Adora?!"

Catra shoved Lonnie away and ran over to her, seeing the blonde bleed heavily from the shoulder down. "KYLE! What did you do?!" Lonnie screamed.

Rogelio shoved Kyle away from him gently, roaring something to him. "I-I..I meant it! I don't care if you die! Or you, you—you stuck of edge-lord!"

Adora's eyes clouded over and she fell to the floor.

Catra's eyes watered with fresh tears. I deserved this, didn't I..?

"Well, it's a suitable punishment for now," Lonnie muttered. She grabbed Adora by the hair again and brought her face up. "How's it feel to bleed like that, Adora? You never cared when we did!"

"She didn't know!!" Catra defended. "Shadow Weaver erased her memories!"

"Bullshit," Lonnie called. Adora felt more blood drip down from her mouth. She couldn't move. She was helpless. Again.

Catra broke the tension by sighing out. She let a single tear fall down her face. "I understand how to feel, Lonnie. I know you don't care but it's true. Shadow Weaver fucked us all up, even miss goody-two-shoes over here."

Lonnie got her knife out and put it against Adora's neck to intimidate her. "I was never a good person. I'm still not a good person, but at least now I'm trying to be."

"What are you blabbing about??" Lonnie growled.

"I'm with the Rebellion. We defeated Prime together and Adora got really fucked up in the process. This time it wasn't me though, but anyway; I got Entrapta and Scorpia on my side, plus the princess alliance all back together again. And almost convinced Prime to leave our planet alone. Glimmer, you know, that sparkly princess—she and I are..friends, now. That archer boy is cool too. I've made amends with a lot of the people I've hurt..except you guys."

Lonnie dropped the knife in surprise, dropping Adora too and getting up to eye level with the cat girl. "Tell me you're not lying, Catra," Lonnie whispered, feeling her face fill with wet hefty tears. "Why'd you do all of this...? I'm a human too, you know! Not just a fucking accessory and I'm NOT dispensable!!"

"I know that," Catra sighed and grabbed onto Lonnie's shoulders, "but, look at you. You look as bad as I did."

Lonnie pushed her off and stared down at Adora. "Holy shit.."

Lonnie looked back up at Catra and choked on her tears, sniffling and covering her mouth to keep them in. Catra watched silently as Lonnie stared to cry, finally, and as she melted to the floor while everyone was silent.

"You asshole.." Lonnie breathed. Catra felt herself cry too. "We weren't close, but, yeah," she went over and knelt down to Lonnie and patted her back, "you were one of the good ones in here."

"I'll take that as a compliment," the brunette laughed weakly, and dove in to hug the feline. "Wh—Ugh, fine.." Catra hugged back, feeling Lonnie shiver against her.

Kyle and Rogelio didn't necessarily have personal beef and they decided to leave. "We'll just..yeah ok bye."

Catra pushed Lonnie away from her and smiled slightly. "I'm glad you're the one leading this place, instead of those two.."

"Hah, yeah..you know," Lonnie began, leaning away from Catra, "even though I still hate your guts, I didn't always. You weren't the worst fighter in the Horde back in the day."

"You make it sound like we're old," Catra sneered teasingly. Lonnie showed a hint of a grin on her face then.

"Not to interrupt," Adora choked out, "but.." she coughed up some more blood. "Help."

The two went wide eyed and raced over to Adora, who looked paler than usual.

"Hey, hey look at me," Catra let the blonde use her thighs as a pillow, while Lonnie got up and called for help.

The last thing Adora saw was Catra saying it was gonna he ok.