17

After taking the child back to BrightMoon, Catra made Adora sit down on her bed.

"I can make a freaking splint, Catra, my ankle is fine.."

"Shut it. You're annoying friends'll be in here any minute now..let me count, three, two, one-"

"You're back!! What happened to you??"

Bow ran over, a couple others traveling behind him.

One of which being Scorpia.

Catra noticed the old friend of hers and went cold, staying silent.

"Hi Adora! Purfuma and I made flower necklaces together!" Scorpia rejoiced. Adora smiled. "That sounds fun.."

"They're called lei's, actually, but yes. It was nice!" Purfuma joined in.

"Speaking of flowers, how's your kingdom right now??" Adora added. "Oh, yes! It's..managing. We're all coming together to keep the plants alive and happy! Too bad She-Ra can't help right now.."

Adora frowned. "Yeah..too bad.."

Catra pulled herself deeper into her jacket. She didn't want to talk to Scorpia, not after everything that's happened.

"Uh..oh. Catra?"

But she didn't have a choice.

"Scorpia.."

Catra looked over at the scorpian girl. She had a nerved look on her face.

"How long as she been here?" Scorpia asked to the room.

"A bit more than a couple weeks." Adora answered. Her stare changed into a glare, looking over at Catra. You better do the right thing.

"Why'd you do it.." Scorpia mumbled.

The feline didn't wanna hear it. She knew exactly what she did but Scorpia..it was too..too hard. She was softie, a big hugger, and a great friend who helped Catra..and in return?

Catra called her useless. Pushed her away, hit her, threatened her life. It wasn't right.

"Do you still..not care?"

Scorpia looked around the room; Bow was fixing Adora's shitty splint, Purfuma was just sitting on her knees making a flower crown.

"Uhm, Adora..can I talk to Catra, alone?"

Catra bit her lip. She didn't want to do the whole 'spill your emotions' bit all over again.

"Just make sure she doesn't try and run away; she's still a prisoner to us."

Adora looked away from the situation. She knew Scorpia now; she and Catra were almost as close as her and Catra. They opened up to each other, but Catra started to fear..and then, snapped. Entrapta was still in recovery anyway, so her being included in this wouldn't do anyone any good.

"Sure.."

Catra walked out of the room first, the scorpian following suit. Like how it used to be..

"I wanna know, and be honest."

Catra looked down.

"Are we friends? Were you just..were you just pretending all along."

Scorpia pouted.

"...not at first."

"What?"

Catra finally returned her gaze. "I said not at first. You literally, bugged me to no end. But..you were good at what you did, everything you did helped me—er, the Horde—in some way. So I stuck by you like I stuck by Adora. I thought you would leave me, like she did..my head wasn't right, I know that.."

Scorpia scoffed. "So what? Are you going to plead for my forgiveness?"

Catra frowned deeply.

"If that's what it takes..then, yeah."

Scorpia's eyes widened slightly. "Catra—"

"Just—I didn't mean it. You're not useless, Scorpia. You're not useless at all. If anything, you're more useful than me..so I wanna say.."

Catra got onto her knees.

"I'm sorry."

The scorpion woman stood still in shock. Sorry? From Catra, of all people??

"I—"

"Don't," Catra interrupted. "I used you. You don't need to forgive me."

As soon as she finished she felt a scary grip tighten around her stomach. She was lifted into the air.

"Oh, Wildcat—You're my friend, till the end! You may have done bad things but if you really care, you can fix it! And you don't have to do it all by yourself!"

Catra looked down at Scorpia's face. Her cheeks dusted pink and she looked away once again.

"Yeah, I guess.."

"I'll help you whenever you need it! We're besties!"

The feline laughed tiredly. Scorpia stopped, surprised.

"Best friends..thanks, Scorpia. I appreciate it."

Adora was watching from the barely open door.

They're smiling..why are they both smiling and hugging? Did they already make up??

The blonde sighed and pushed her thoughts to the back of her mind, limping back into a chair next to her two other friends.

After awhile, Catra and Scorpia walked in, Catra laughing at something funny that the other said.

Adora felt her body go cold, but she ignored it. They must've made up, I guess..

Catra stopped. "You good, Adora? Is the splint better than your crappy one?"

"I'm fine."

Scorpia got the tone immediately and rested her claw on Catra's shoulder. Catra didn't quite understand, but the two walked out again in silence.

"Are..are you jealous, perhaps?" Purfuma asked cautiously.

"Hah, wh—no, jealous?? Of them? Never, why would I be jealous??"

"Because they're good friends and—"

"I'm not jealous, Bow!!"

Adora leaned on her hand and laughed dryly. "Maybe I just need some food..yeah."

"You need help—"

Bow stopped talking when Purfuma grabbed his hand. "Maybe we shouldn't..there's a lot of stuff on her plate right now."

"Fine, I guess.."

Adora walked out swiftly, huffing.

Why are they already friends again??