34

It's been a couple weeks since the princesses went to go find their Runestones and reconnect. Catra had kept her word and stayed with Adora the whole time, only going if she needed to do something about her hygiene, because it stunk the ship.

Scorpia ran back in with Glimmer, who stopped when they saw Catra sleeping on the floor next to their friend.

"Aww!" Scorpia awed in a whisper.

"Don't Aww at me. I'm not cute."

"OHMY—"

The two panicked at the glare they were sent.

"H-Have you heard from the other princesses? By chance?" Glimmer stuttered.

"Flower girl and ice queen are doing fine on their Runestones, Mermaid says she'll die at this rate, probably because of that pirate guy she's dating. What about you guys?"

"I just finished reconnecting with my Runestone..I went to the chamber of queens with Scorpia and she showed me her hiding place, where her family's palace probably used to be.."

"I-It's not a hiding place! It's a thinking place!" Scorpia challenged, then sighed. "Hopefully this isn't a huge waste of time." Catra yawned, sitting up.

"I'm sure it won't be! Thinking about it now, how will...Adora..reconnect with her Runestone?"

"Uh, because she's She-Ra? Glimmer you're forgetting she didn't need to in the first place. She's a First One. The important thing is that she's healed so I can stop sitting here like a piece of jelly."

"You tried jelly??"

"Closest thing to steal in the kitchen, why not?"

"Anyway," a tired voice sang out. "Let's do this!"

"Mermista!" Glimmer exclaimed. "Where's Sea Hawk??"

"As a reward for not bothering me for two hours I gave him another couple ships to burn. Plus I had to make sure my kingdom wasn't getting destroyed again. He's..eh, whatever I'll worry about it later."

"Hey! You got here before me!" Frosta yelled, stomping into the ship and pouting. "Oh no, I feel so bad. Whatever shall I do."

"Let's not be mean now.." Perfuma ran in behind Frosta. "I'm glad our magic is rehashed!"

"Yeah!" Scorpia cheered, swinging her claw and sending an electrical spark into the ship, shaking it.

"AH! Scorpia!" Glimmer scolded. "Woah, wow, haha, sorry! So sorry, I didn't mean to!"

"Well now that all you princesses are done, you wanna heal She-Ra now?"

"That reminds me.." Perfuma confessed, clasping her hands together nervously. "She had magic without the sword and such but..can she become She-Ra ever again?"

Catra thought for a minute. Why wouldn't she? "She isn't just called the Princess of Power," Mermista explained, "its She-Ra: Princess Of Power. We need a She-Ra."

"I mean, now that Horde Prime is destroyed we don't need to worry about it!" Glimmer tried to convince. "Yeah, but Hordak is still out there!" Frosta inturrupted.

"Hah, you wish. He killed Prime himself and died." Catra explained bitterly. "If anyone tells Entrapta I'll have half a mind to—"

"We won't tell her," Scorpia reassured, "I couldn't do that to a friend!"

"Good.."

"Anyway, let's try!" Perfuma grabbed Scorpia and Mermista and dragged them over to Adora, herself sitting on the floor and beginning with closing her eyes.

"Uh..what're you doing?"

"Concentrating!"

The princesses all sat down in a circle.

"Oh god, ew, are you guys' gonna hold hands and sing shanties now??" Catra fake barfed.

They all glared at her.

They all closed their eyes and held hands. Glimmer clenched her hands holding and took a deep breath in, concentrating her energy. "Ow, Glimmer—" Frosta held Glimmer's hand tighter in spite. Scorpia peaked.

Catra walked around them slowly. She stopped at Scorpia, who was slouching anxiously. The feline bent down and held her cheek. "You can do this," she hesitantly whispered. "Princess or not, you're strong; this shouldn't be hard."

That was the push Scorpia needed. She sat up straight and smiled, holding her claws out in a relaxed manner.

Slowly, she started to glow red. Catra grinned and stepped back incase any magic hit her.

Next Perfuma, who glowed green, then Frosta blue, Mermista dark blue, and Glimmer pink.

"What're you guys—"

Catra shushed Entrapta, who came in suddenly. "Your little theory may actually work."

"Really??"

"Yeah really, just—c'mon let's get outta here!" She took her by the hand and guided her away from the harsh glow.

. . .

Everything in the ship was glowing now.

You can do this Glimmer. For Adora!

The princesses all opened their eyes, which were shining bright white.

The lines surrounding the ship flowed white too, and She-Ra's sword pieces came loose and started to float around the unconscious warrior.

Adora started to float up in the air, her eyes opening to be crystal blue. The blood and cuts on her glowed and disappeared.

The First One's Runestone glowed a piercing rainbow and blinded the room.

Then everything went quiet.