24

Glimmer's eyes opened slightly. The room was dark as always, but it smelled too clean for her taste. She tried pulling on her arms but there were chains grappling around her wrists.

"Nice to see you alive and well, your majesty~," a smooth voice echoed through the room.

"Unchain me, you asshole!" Glimmer grunted, pulling harder against the force of the metal.

"Tsk tsk, I'm sorry, but I can't do that..yet~."

"Yet? Why not?! You're going to destroy my planet!!" The queen screamed. She huffed. "You're making a huge mistake, it'll ruin everything!"

"Darling, it's not like I want to do this~."

"I—excuse me??"

The shadowed person came out of the dark. Glimmer gasped, eyes wide. "You—how did you get here?!"

"I have my ways, your grace~. Now listen, I know what's going on and I don't necessarily agree with the big boss about what he's gonna do."

The shadows diminished, and there was Double Trouble, standing tall in all their glory.

"Boss? You know him??"

"Darling, Prime sent us down to your little planet a long time ago. I left and rebelled against my people to pursue my dreams!"

"Which are..?" Glimmer asked hesitantly.

"To be a thespian! It has outstanding pay so far." DT smirked, kneeling down to the queen's face.

"As you can tell, I'm a bit strange. That's because my kind was never from your planet. It was almost a blast to see all the drama between the Horde and the Rebellion, Agh! The theatres of two enemies to lovers, on opposite sides of the war—it makes my heart beat extra fast!"

Double Trouble clapped their hands in excitement. "Prime modified us to be able to shape shift, and be well-versed in your silly little culture. Money, or your currency, is a great source of power for this ship here.."

"Alright, pause." Glimmer shushed them. "You're an alien species, you knew this would happen when we got out of doespondos, and you didn't say anything to me?!" Glimmer shouted. "None of this would've happened!"

"I mean, that isn't my problem. It's not my planet technically. But..I agree, I'm on your side," they whispered. Glimmer's glare softened. "So what can we do? It's over for Etheria.."

"Not quite."

They snapped their fingers. Little glowing eyes appeared in the dark, and some bodies crept forward into the little bit of light.

Glimmer examined them. "Are you..a clone??"

"Ouch, I'm not as ugly as they are~. These are the others of my kind, your majesty."

One of them moved out of the shadows, showing a depressing nature. "So this is the hope of Etheria? They look disgusting."

"Triple Trouble, don't be so vulgar in front of a queen!" DT scolded playfully, standing up with the other. "So..the Double is just..your number??"

Glimmer shook her head, confused. "Double is my number, technically Double is an acronym;
D - DAZZLING
O - ONE-HUNDRED PERCENT
U - UNWAVERING
B - BLISS
L - LEARNED
E - EXCELLENT
I made it up myself, actually!"

Triple Trouble rolled their eyes. "DT suggested we help you break out of here and save your planet, I have no clue why..it's a flawed and emotional planet." They crosses their arms.

Glimmer looked at the glowing eyes of all of DT's kind, and sighed.

"Yeah, it's strange place..no one really gets along anymore..but, there's really great things about it too! Like friends, family, good food, magic—"

"What in the ever loving cosmos is a friend??"

Another came out of the shadows, looking in a better mood then TT.

"I want one! Can I have one??"

"No, friends hurt you." Triple Trouble sneered.

"Not every friend hurts you..some friends just choose the wrong path." Glimmer stayed weakly.

"How would you know? Last time I checked your queens are all alone.."

"TT!" The other trouble whisper-scolded.

"I had friends who've made the wrong choices. I've had friends who've been with me when I've made bad choices. You have to let them make it up, and forgive them..eventually." Glimmer paused. She weakly smiled.

"When Catra and I were stuck in here, we talked about everything that's happened. She told me she didn't know why she did all those things, and I said that wasn't an excuse. She said what I did didn't have an excuse either. We've been pretty close ever since.."

"So..friends can make mistakes." TT added quietly. "Wow, that's so cool! I really want one now!!"

"Don't mind these two, they don't get out much~." Double Trouble shut them both up. "Single Trouble, I'll ground you right now if you don't shut up!"

"But Doooooublyyyyy!" Single wailed. Triple carried them away.

DT kneeled back down to Glimmer, who looked lost in thought. "Your majesty?"

"I'm thinking..of a plan. I need to gain Prime's trust back though."

"I believe I can help with that," they smirked.

"Good. Cause when we do, we'll shut off this whole operation down, and when Adora and Bow come to rescue me I'll have everything solved!"

"You think they'll still rescue you~?" DT asked, curious.

"Even if they don't, I'm still saving the world, wether they like it or not."

Double Trouble got up. "Well darling, it was nice to chat," they closed Glimmer's cell door. "For once I don't feel chaotically neutral!! Ta ta!"

Glimmer closed her eyes and leaned back against the wall, dreaming that Bow and Adora would come and hug her as soon as she saw them.