51

[lol i just used this but idc]

Glimmer awoke that morning with an ache in her back. She grabbed the problem; a note.

Heyyy! It's Bow!

I totally didn't sneak off, BUTT! My dads are really keen on making sure I'm ok so I'm gonna visit them for a bit! ;-; imma miss you so so so SO much!!!

<3 the heart is for you! Xoxo

Love, Bow :)

P.S: I know it sorts left you behind with Adora and Catra but I promise you everything is gonna be ok! Ily bestie! Mwah! <3

"Hah..love you too Bow.."

Glimmer put the note down and stretched. She had to see Entrapta today and make sure Saleenius and Plumeria were find, check up on Frosta and help Swift Wind with his..business. Plus helping out her friends, but they could handle a day without her right? Curses, why can't Bow be here?

She got out of bed and got dressed; she put on a loose robe and some tight pants with her signature cape.

The queen exited her room and fixed her hair. The guards stood straighter in her presence and she even saw the other staff bowing. It annoyed her but that wasn't a concern to dwell on.

She walked to her dad's room and knocked on the door. His room was guarded by two soldiers; they were like statues.

"Dad?? Are you awake?" She creaked open the door. "Glimmer! Sweetie, I'm so glad you're here!"

"Wait I—Ah!" She was pulled in and the door shut behind her.

"Now, yes, I understand this is sudden but I need your opinion on something."

"Dad, can it wait? I have queen stuff to do and—"

"Yes, I know, but this is also very important!" Micah established. Glimmer sighed and rubbed her temples. "Go on.."

"Great! Ok, so I know that magic is my thing but I'm having a hard time with this card.."

"Card? For what, a birthday?"

Micah laughed. "No, darling, an apology card! I was wondering if it should be blue sparkles or purple lightning-bug illusions."

Glimmer looked at the card in his hands.

Sorry.

And there was some other stuff written on it but she couldn't read it. "Uh..I think the sparkles will do. But, dad, I came here—"

"What?? Is something bothering you? Who's the guy?" Micah was about to cast a truth spell but Glimmer shook it away. "No, no, I have queen stuff! I need you to make sure everything is in line over here! Ok?? Is that too hard??"

"What? Please, I used to be king here, remember?" Micah smiled and cupped Glimmer's cheek. "BrightMoon is in the best hands. Oh, you mind giving this to Adora for me??"

He shoved it in her hands and pushed her out of his room. "Thanks sweetie, love you so much!"

"...Ok, that happened."

Glimmer held the card and teleported to Adora's room, knocking on the door. "Adora..? You in here?"

She opened the door and of course she wasn't there. Glimmer pulled on her hair. "Gah, no! Wait, where'd she go? Oh. Yeah yesterday."

She teleported to the room next door and lo and behold, she was there. With Catra. Of course.

The two soldiers sat up and Adora shoved Catra behind her. She reached for her sword instinctually but it wasn't there.

Glimmer stood there unfazed and waved. "Good-morning, sleepyheads."

"Uh..yeah, haha.." Adora put her hands down and let go of her girlfriend, who hissed and scooted away. "What do you want?" Catra asked frankly.

"I have a job, unlike you," Glimmer sneered, "I have to go check up on the princess alliance and see Entrapta, who is most likely with Scorpia..who is..I don't know."

"Check the Crimson Waste, she loved it there," Catra said while hugging Adora's arm. "Would Entrapta be there, maybe??"

"You should check near there..maybe she went back to Beast Island," Adora muttered. She hunched over and became little spoon against Catra's cuddle. "God I hope not," Glimmer huffed. "I mean, she seemed fine when I was there—"

"Nope, no no, do not start. I get it." Glimmer turned around. "I'm stressed and I'm gonna fix what I broke. So now I have to go. Will you guys be ok?"

Adora and Catra nodded. "Yeah, thanks Sparkles."

"Don't mention it, kitty cat."

Glimmer teleported out of the room and into the Throne room. Two guards gave her a couple notes and a bag Incase she was gone for awhile. "If anyone sees Shadow Weaver, lock her up immediately and double perimeter around her containment cell. I want a word with her if she shows her horrible face back here. Send word to me immediately if there's any dark magic around the castle."

The guards nodded and let her go.

Oop, I'm focusing too much on Glimmer, aren't I? Ouch, I forgot this was a Catradora book. Let me fix that~.

Catra laid back down against the mushy mattress and sighed. Adora laid down against her armpit as Catra put her arms over her head. "You ok?" The blonde asked as she was cuddling up. "Mhm, you?"

"I guess so," Adora said. "As long as you're ok, I'm ok."

"Shut up, you~.." Catra scoffed and pecked Adora's forehead. "You're lucky you're dumb, but it's not because I like you."

"Yeah, ok, whatever helps you sleep at night," Adora teased. She snuggled up against Catra and closed her eyes. "No nightmares?"

"No. You?" Catra asked.

"Nope." Adora smiled. "I'm still tired."

"Then get some rest, you deserve it." Catra said and closed her eyes as well. "Babe?"

"Yeah?"

"...Love you."

"Love you too."

"Aww, you got nice hair!" Adora pat it and Catra swatted it away. "Shut up!" She blushed and pouted and the blonde baby giggled.

"You're funny! I'm Adora."

"Catra."

"You wanna be fiends?" Adora asked with sparkly eyes. "Friends?"

"Yeah! Haha, oops sorry."

Catra smiled and poked her finger into Adora's forehead. Adora looked up at it fascinated. "Yeah, let's be friends."

"Yay!! You're my best friend Catra!" Adora hugged her and nuzzled her face. "Eww!! No stop it!" Catra squealed and laughed.

 "Eww!! No stop it!" Catra squealed and laughed

[credit to artofkace on tumblr/twitter. check them out!]