21

Bow jolted awake, skin crawling.

He turned over in his bed to see no one there, which was normal..but something felt off.

He threw the covers of his bed off of him. There was a beep from his tracker pad, and he walked over to check it.

"Bow! Oh thank goodness you picked up this time!"

"Oh, hey dads.."

His two dads crowded the screen, giddy and nervous at the same time.

"Bow, honey, you looked tired, have you gotten much sleep? Are you ok??"

Bow sighed and faked a smile.

"Yeah, I'm fine! I just woke up, actually—"

"Oh my goodness, how could we interrupt our beautiful sons sleep?!"

"He's a teenager, sweetie, teenagers don't sleep normal hours."

"But still!"

Bow rolled his eyes. "I have to—um, check on the Horde prisoner we have, if you don't mind.."

"Of course darling, we didn't mean to interrupt your important work."

The two dads kissed the screen. "You should call us more! Tell your friends I said hello!"

"I will! I promise..gotta go."

He turned his tablet off and groaned, rubbing he sleep out of his eyes. The weird feeling still crept in the back of his mind, so he got dressed and went for an early morning stroll.

The sky was bright with stars this time around. It was beautiful, despite the circumstances. Hopefully Glimmer was still ok...

His tracker pad beeped again. "If its them—"

"Bow! Thank god you're awake, come here, we need you! It's urgent!"

"Scorpia! Stop bothering him, we don't know what's going on yet—"

"What? What's urgent??" Bow asked, leaning in close to the screen.

"It's—it's about Glimmer," Catra admitted. "Your friend may be in trouble."

Bow almost dropped his pad, eyes wide.

"Bow?? Bow, snap out of it, if we now we can help her!"

I was right.

He raced there as fast he could.

. . .

"How is Glimmer?? Did Horde Prime hurt her?!" Bow yelled, storming into the meeting hall.

"We don't know for sure," Purfuma admitted. "We just received a transmission from..him..and.."

"And what?? Spit it out!" Bow ran over and shook Purfuma by the shoulders.

"Bow! Relax, you need to calm down—" Adora moves to get him off but he shoved her hands away.

"My best friend is in trouble on an alien spaceship, alone, and scared, maybe even dead! How can you tell me to calm down Adora, after everything that's happened?!"

Adora let her arms droop down to her sides and sighed. "We have time, but we don't know everything. Just stop shaking Purfuma."

Bow realized his grip on the princess was a bit strong and he let go immediately. "I'm so sorry," he frowned, rubbing his arm.

"I-it's ok, I understand.." Purfuma walked away from him slightly.

"Anyaway," Mermista interrupted, "the message said something about the Heart. I didn't hear all of it though."