16

"Holy..shit.."

The whole kingdom was on fire. Bright, burning smoke covered the landscape as bots still trying to destroy things.

"I'll go check if people are still here, I'm pretty sure Mermista cleared everyone out just in time.."

Catra stood in silent thought. This..why did it come down to this?

Adora grabbed Catra's shoulder and looked at her face. She couldn't exactly read it.

"This is what you did..why did you do it, Catra?"

"Why did you do it, Catra? Why did you open the portal?"

The feline girl slapped Adora's hand off of her shoulder and heaved a breath. "Shut up!"

"What? You did all of this yourself, don't tell me to shut up!"

Adora grabbed Catra's shoulder and forced her to look at the fallen kingdom.

"THIS! Is this what you wanted, Catra?? Be honest!"

"NO! No no no, no! I didn't mean to.."

"Didn't mean to?? You tried to kill me, did you not mean to do that??"

Catra kicked at Adora, running into the kingdom.

"CATRA!"

. . .

Adora ran into the water kingdom. There was heavy smoke and it was hard to see anything besides fire.

"Come out now!! This isn't a game!"

"I never thought it was, Adora!" A painful wail escaped into her ears.

"Then what were you trying to accomplish?! What did you have to gain?! Nothing! If you wanted me you could've joined the Rebellion with me!!"

"I DON'T NEED YOU," the voice shrieked again. "I didn't need anyone, I was fine on my own!! You held me back!"

"Why would I hold you back, Catra?! You're holding yourself back!"

"You don't get it!"

Catra jumped down from a burning building. "I climbed up ranks, almost controlling the entire Horde when you left! I didn't need anyone; not Shadow Weaver, not you, none of those stupid princesses.."

Adora watch Catra's mane that was her hair become more tangled as she continued.

"They all held me back..I'm fine on my own.."

"Catra," Adora muttered. "What the hell happened to  you..?"

Catra looked at Adora wide eyed. She reached up to her headress and grabbed it, clenching her knuckles into the metal.

She took it off her head with a sigh.

Then she threw it onto the ground as hard as she could.

"FUCK YOU!!"

The feline stomped on it, feeling tears prickle in her eyes. She didn't try to stop them as she kept stomping, stomping, crushing her headress until it was buried into the dirt.

She tried kicking it away from her, away into the fire. It reached the edge, slowly rotting into the ground.

Catra wiped her face with her jacket and sniffled, looking away from her ex-best friend.

"I wanted to..to prove to you that I didn't need anybody..even though I needed peopled to keep my fucking sanity.." she laughed breathily, wiping off more fresh tears under her yellow eye.