part 2: A slight disturbance..

you zip through beach city, giving nods and waves to Passers-by all the while. finally, you reach a hill, where the group is currently relaxing you park it just at the bottom and set it's kickstand up and running a hand over your hair again, this time ignoring your horns. it's in the past now. the past can't hurt you anymore. with that thought, you trekked up the hill.

as you near the top, you see the one, the only, crystal gems, all laying contently in the grass taking in the sun and warm wind. Must have been a while since they could do this easily. you repress a small chuckle and approach the team. "heya guys!" you called, making sure not to sound hostile. almost at once, they prop themselves up and turn to you. Rather quickly, their curiosity was replaced with warm delight. "heya, dreamboat." garnet joked, with a soft chuckle. "Heeey~" amethyst made a pose and waved with a semi-wide smile. pearl simply waved her fingers at you, a thin teal blush on her face. Steven sat up and had a pleasant grin on his face. "hi! you're uhh... (gem), right?" you nodded, smiling softly. "yep. but I normally go by (name)." you held a hand out to him. "I just wanted to congratulate you on your goal of bringing peace, champ." he grinned proudly, taking your hand and giving it a firm shake. "thanks!" he chirped happily.

"why don't you join us?" garnet suggested, with a beckon of her hand. you hesitated slightly, rubbing the back of your neck. "I mean... would that be okay with steven?" you asked, suddenly feeling shy. Steven nodded reassuringly. "yeah, sure! another gem won't hurt." you smiled politely and chose a spot near pearl's feet, sitting yourself comfortably on the cool grass, releasing a sigh of content. "I gotta hand it to ya, steven." you begin. "you and your group had come a LONG, long way. you've all achieved so much. must have been difficult with all those trials, but here you are now." amethyst yawns loudly, stretching before resuming her previous resting position. "you said it, (nickname)." steven sighs, laying back down, smiling at your words. "thanks, (name)." he then releases a breath of contentment. "I want everything to stay exactly like this and never change." he proclaims. "agreed." pearl adds. "here here." amethyst inputs. "I can see that." you chuckled. "how's the future look, garnet?" steven turns his head to the latter. "do we all stay like this forever?" garnet adjusts her visors, with an eager smile on her face... only for it to falter in a matter of seconds. "No."

"wait, what?" you absentmindedly blurt as the group sits up, suddenly tensed. a strong wind suddenly sweeps over the hill, and you instinctively look up, raising your sunglasses upto your head, eyes widening at the darkening sky and the swirling of clouds. "oh that can't be good." you muttered out loud, jumping to your feet along with the others. in the swirling emerged a large injector like ship, filled with a pink liquid, getting eerily close to the hill. from atop a silhouette appeared. "HEY! are you Steven Universe?" it called down to the group, sounding quite hostile. your eyes slide to steven, silently pleading for him to answer no. "um... yes?" he sheepishly answers. you bring a hand to your face into a silent facepalm. great.

"perfect..." it practically purrs, suddenly raising an arm and forming some type of horn with what appears to be their finger. what the-- they then blow into it, causing a thunderous foghorn like sound to ring across the land, vibrating the ground slightly. at this, the machine suddenly unsheathed a sharp point and unravels it's four metallic legs. all at once, it latches onto the hill and buries its point deep into the earth. once it settles, it gurgles lightly, signalling its steady injection. "what the hell!?" you shouted indignantly at the figure above.

it then leaped off the top, landing on the rim of the contraption. there, you got a better look at the gem...