~part 37: the ceremony~

Dusk hits as residents of little homeworld and beach city fill the seats, while in the far back your gemlings were in a playpen, watching with curious eyes at the events unfolding as jasper watched over them, her glaring harshly at anyone who got too close to the pen. The bridesmaids; pink, blue and yellow pearl were standing anxiously, waiting for the bride's arrival just as you were. your best man, Steven nudged your back, smirking smugly. "Nervous?" you chuckled dismissively. "Of course not." you replied in an air of confidence, while at the same time doing everything in your power to keep from lashing your tail in the ever building anxiety.

Lapis and peridot were the flower girls, lapis sprinkling rose petals gracefully down the Isle while peridot... well, chucked the flowers at the patrons.

Then the music started playing prompting you to stand up straighter.

it's actually happening.

you look over and you practically feel your pupils dilate at the pink gem being walked down the isle.

"..gah.." you feel another playful nudge from Steven behind you as he snickered at the dopey smile plastered across your face. you couldn't help it. any moment, that beautiful pink gem's gonna be yours! you watched anxiously as connie walked spinel down the Isle, your eyes never leaving hers. once she was at the alter, you both faced each other, beaming brightly at one another. garnet cleared her throat, and spoke up loud and clear.

"Friends and family," She starts, making your chest tighten. "we are gathered here today to celebrate the union of (name) and spinel, two gems of different origins, but similar experiences. and with these experiences, they have gained a strong bond, which overtime blossomed into something. Something so much stronger. And as a result, they reared the very first litter of gemlings in eons." She gestured to the far back, where your gemlings sat, with everyone cooing at the small beings staring back at them. Their attention was brought back when garnet continued. "And with the newly created future ahead of them, the time has come for these two gems to come together. In a bond almost as strong as my own."

She chuckled softly as turns to you. "(name), do you take spinel to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

you nodded softly. "I do."

"spinel. do take (name) to be your lawfully wedded-"

spinel giggled through clenched teeth, fidgeting in place excitedly. "Eeehehe, Yes, I do!"

garnet chuckles, and steps back. "any speeches you'd like to give?"

you chuckled and cleared your throat. "Well," you started, smiling. "Several eons ago, I was once a soldier, sworn to serve the empire as well as the diamomd. However, I became corrupted, Losing my sense of direction and purpose..." you chuckled awkwardly before continuing. "And never.. in my lifetime had I ever imagined that It'd come to this. Not only do I get to live under the wonderful care of my diamonds," you look over and nodded to them, making them giggle and blush softly. "...But I now have an actual family. I'm the proud sire gem of 4 beautiful gemlings and have an even more beautiful carrier." spinel blushed darkly, giggling behind her bouquet. "Truly, I am a very lucky (gem)."

garnet nods before turning to spinel. "Any words, spinel?"

spinel took a deep breath. "Oh boy, do I." she sighed and shut her eyes. "Ya, know somethin'? Back then, I was quite a wreck, lemme tell ya." she chuckled, half amused, half sad. "I tried to destroy this planet and its hero, all because a certain diamond left me behind for 6,000 years for it." She sighed softly again. "but... now..." she reopened her eyes, showing shining magenta orbs, filled with much adortion staring into yours. "I... I think I can come to forgive her. I mean, look what she's done for me! I mean, not only did that son of hers teach me a thing or two on changing.." she leans to the side to wink at steven, who smiles brightly back at her, then returns her gaze to you, beaming with love. "But now... I have 4 beautiful gemlings and a strong reliable sire gem as my own. what more could I ask for?"

Garnet nods, smiling in approval. Steven then brings his thumb and index finger to his mouth and whistles to the crowd. At once, lion comes forth, a plush pillow on his head carrying your two rings. Without hesitation, you both take the rings, you slipping the (gemstone) ring over spinel's finger and spinel slipping the spinel ring over yours.

"And now, with no further ado," garnet announced. "I now pronounce you newly-weds."

"you may now kiss the bride."

And that's just what you did