part 5: a change in demeanor..

It was absolutely comical. Her pupils turned into large hearts and you could swear you saw her pigtails expand briefly. Her body extended forward, and her mouth dropped open, in a stunned state. You raise an eyebrow at this for a moment, almost dumbfounded by this reaction. But, you couldn't deny that it was quite amusing. After blinking a few times, she took a moment to regain her composure, shaking her head as if she were trying to clear it. After which, she patted her pigtails, as if she were adjusting them and with a deep breath and a sweet little smile, she slowly tottered her way over to you, standing on her tippy toes so she was nose to nose with you. "Hiya there. I'm spinel!" She greeted cheerfully, trying to add a smooth edge in her voice. "W-what's your name?" You raised his eye brow, a tad uncomfortable at how close she was. "I'm uh... (name)?" You answered hesitantly, stepping back. spinel giggled, bashfully dragging her foot across the ground. "(Name), huh?" she giggled. "That's... that's a nice name." she almost muttered, sounding oddly shy, casting her gaze to her feet. You raise a brow, taken off guard by how she looked now. How she suddenly couldn't meet your gaze had you quite amused. The dark pink blush made her look quite adorable as well. You crack a small smirk, and let an amused snicker rise from your throat. "Well. Spinel's not a bad name either." You reply, successfully adding a smooth edge to your voice. At this, she gave a giddy yet dopey little laugh, blushing darker awhile still avoiding your direct gaze. "Aw gee." She muttered, toying with a pigtail shyly with one hand while the other was still behind her back. You gave an amused sigh-laugh. Now that's adorable.

"HOLD ON A MINUTE!"

she snuggled up to you innocently, looking over at the indignant steven. "don't you remember anything that you've done?!" spinel smiles innocently. "remember what?"
-----------

"Oh no." You muttered staring up at the injector still embedded in the grassy hill, still injecting it's pink contents into the earth. It hasn't been that long, but you can already see the ground around it slowly becoming darker. It's getting worse... so quickly... what is in that thing!? spinel, clinging to your arm, looks up at you and gives an endearing smile. "Wanna climb it? I bet you're a good climber." she chirps, squishing her cheek into your arm. you offer a weary smile and give a soft chuckle, rubbing the back of your head. "Um... can't say that I am..." you muttered quietly. however she pressed her face into your arm, humming contently, dampening your concerns slightly and causing a small smile to stretch your lips. Steven suddenly stepped up, looking startled by her innocence. "you don't remember anything about this?? like when you said I didn't stand a chance against your injector??" she had half her face squished into your arm, almost like she was trying to signal that she didn't want to let go of you. Yet, she gave a comical yet genuinely confused stare at the pre-teen. "I said what now?"

you frown in pity at steven, who now had a hopeless look on his face. well, you couldn't really blame him. His friends remember nothing but their default purposes. And now there's a massive injector, injecting diamonds know what into the earth. But, that was when an idea struck you. "That's it!" you exclaimed, startling steven. "What? That is it!?" He asked, hope reignited in his eyes, without context, you point toward the brighter side of the town. Steven looked toward the direction your free hand pointed, and his eye caught a large building with a slow rotating blade atop it. Steven's eyes flashed like an idea struck him. "of course! bismuth, lapis and peridot can help!" he suddenly said, you replying with a grin and nod. "great thinking, (name)!" he exclaims, gratefully. You then beckon him with a hand. "Come one. We'll get there faster on here." You gestured to your motorcycle with a smirk. You looked down at spinel and offered a friendly smirk, crouching down. "Hop on." You offered warmly. Spinel squeals in delight before hopping onto your back, wrapping her limbs around you into a secure grip. You got up and with a huff, mounted the bike. With a gesture of your head, Steven mounted the bike, standing behind you, holding onto Spinel's shoulders, with ruby and Sapphire, getting situated in your lap.

"Let's get this show on the road!" You exclaim, revving your bike a few times before speeding off towards little homeworld.