~part 29: welcome to homeworld~

Your eyes glimmered as you heard uproarious cheers from outside your room as yellow and pink pearl announce the gemling's safe arrival while blue pearl looked down and lightly shush the whining gemlings within the small blanket, rocking them gently. A wide smile spread across your lips as tears of pure joy dripped from your cheeks. I... actually have gemlings now. You lean over and give spinel a soft kiss on her forhead. "You did it, spinz." you praised softly. she chuckles hoarsely and lays her hand atop yours. "Actually, we did it, (nickname)." she assured with a small chuckle, squeezing your hand gently. "I... I really couldn't have done it without ya here."

"My spinel. My (gem)." Came Blue pearl's voice from beside you. You both look over to see blue pearl approach, now with 4 distinct bundles in her arms. 2 were wrapped in pink blankets and 2 were wrapped in blue blankets. With your assistance, spinel propped herself up against the bed's headboards and many pink and (color) pillows behind her. "Here's your healthy bundle of four." She then handed the bundled up litter to spinel in which she eagerly takes. She smiles at them, her eyes becoming shiny in tears. "H-Hey there, little ones..." She muttered lightly to the small gemlings, who squirmed and squeaked as they got themselves comfortable in their new mother's embrace.

She chuckled lightly, unable to take her eyes off them. "They... They're beautiful, (name)." You smiled gently down in pride at the small bundles in spinel's arms.

Your firstborn son was a spinel that almost mirrored you perfectly, save for the small (color) gemstone on his chest. he had your hair and (color), complete with tiny (color) buds for horns.

His sister, a pink (gem), mirrored her mother as just as perfectly, with fluffy dark magenta hair, a widow's peak evident on her forehead. What completed her look were her bottom eyelashes that streaked downwards, much like her mother's facial markings running down her cheeks. The only thing she lacked were her pigtails, but you knew that'd likely change once her hair grew out.

Your second born son, a (gem), baring the same traits as his mother's past form; with a light pink complextion and short fluffy light cerise hair, complete with a notable widow's peak running down his forehead, in a similar style to his mother's.

Finally, your youngest daughter, a rather small (color) spinel, with fluffy long (color) hair and a loose tuft of hair hanging over her forhead as yours did. What stuck out was the single (color) bud of a horn sticking up from the bang.

You were rather surprised by your two sons, seeing that the only 'actual' male gems were rainbow quartz 2.0 and steven himself. But it didn't bother you too much. You were just happy to finally meet them.

They're absolutely perfect. "They are..." you muttered quietly, watching your youngest daughter slowly settle down until she fell asleep as her older siblings had. Spinel stared down at them a bit more before lifting her gaze to yours. "Wish steven could see em like this..." she muttered, her voice quiet as to not disturb them, gently rocking them. You stared down at your litter for a long while, thinking deeply on a matter that came to mind. "...actually... he will." you smiled, taking out your phone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I hope they're okay.." pearl muttered fiddling with her hands as she sat with a troubled expression on the couch in the conservatory with the rest of the crystal gems surrounding her. Amethyst reclining in a bean-bag chair shrugged. "Maybe (nickname) was gone too long and spinel flipped her lid again or somethin'." Pearl sneered at the small purple gem. "Amethyst, be sensitive..." garnet, who was standing beside amethyst pushed a finger to her visor. "I'm sure it'll be fine. (name) is a strong sire gem, and spinel is a strong carrier. Whatever happened, it's most likely dealt with." Pearl looked up at the fusion, concerned skepticism etched in her features. "How can you be so sure? I mean, I will admit spinel's a strong gem, but this is her first delivery.. What if-" She paused suddenly. "Steven?" She called to the half-gem who was sitting beside her. He was strangely silent. She turned to look at him and she was mildly surprised by the comical look of shock, surprise and joy prominently present on the boy's face. He was staring starry-eyed at his phone, mouth covered.

The gems tipped their heads to the side in confusion. "You, steve-o, you good?" Amethyst asked, walking over to him with garnet following suit. Steven only squeaked as she showed the gems the message he had received from you.

Needless to say, gem's squeals of pure joy could be heard all across beach city

~~~~~~~~~~

Here ya go. :P

(Redrawn)