~part 36: preparations~

"oh my stars..."

spinel's eyes shined with tears as her eyes flickered between your eyes and the beautiful ring in your hands. "I-I..."

her legs suddenly buckled, and she fell to her knees, hunched over as tears spilled out, running down her cheeks in streams. she was shuddering, overwhelmed with emotion. "(n-name)... I..." after several tense moment, she lifts her head up, a semi-wide smile on her face as tears flowed down her face.

"I accept, doll."

you barely notice the uproarious cheer erupting from the crowd as you and spinel lunged forward, wrapping your arms around each other, locking your lips into a deep kiss.
~~~~~~~~~~~

"lookin' sharp, (nickname)!" bismuth smirked, watching as you adjusted your (color) bowtie and brushed yourself off, looking at yourself in a mirror, swishing your tail from side to side.

(To those who are feminine; just think of Sapphire wearing a tux.)
you smiled sheepishy, looking at the large gem behind you in the mirror. "thanks, biz." you turn around to fully face her, eyes sparking in excitement. at that moment Steven came in, adjusting his own bowtie, looking up at you with a bright smile. You smiled back at him. "how's everything so far? gimme the rundown." Steven chuckled, bringing a hand to his chin as he recalled the places he had checked up on. "well..."

~~~~{cake arrangements}~~~~

"garnet, how's the cake coming?"

garnet looked up at the teen, smiling softly as she finished up frosting the large, decorative (flavor) cake in (color) frosting, setting aside the frosting bag. Steven smiled up at the cake in awe and satisfaction. "it looks amazing!" he noted excitedly, stars forming in his eyes. garnet inspected the cake casually. "you sure this isn't too much?" Steven looked up at it again, only more pensively.

 "you sure this isn't too much?" Steven looked up at it again, only more pensively

"...mm.. nope!"

~~~{decoration arrangement}~~~

"looking good, guys!"

Steven smiled at the numerous flowers being spread all around the Cliffside and seats, all of which varied in many types, most of which being different shades of pink and red. "are these from mom's garden?" he asked, lightly rubbing at a forget-me-not's petals. pearl nodded in affirmation. "just like you asked." Steven smiled gratefully at the nimble gem. "perfect!"