part 12: final fight

"Spinel, you gotta stop!"

the latter clenches her fist, an annoyed sneer on her face. "Is that your best shot, hotstuff?" she hisses keeping her back to you. You shake your head, gritting your teeth in sad anger. "This is insane! You're not even listening to reason! You're letting yourself believe-" you tried to reason, but spinel growls. "AH SHUT UP!" She snaps, whipping around, delivering a hard slap across your face. "You've had your time, horns. And now, your words are nothing to me." you lowered your gaze to the ground, clenching your fist silently as she continued her monologue. "Nothing like this miserable ROCK of a planet. Nothing like the lives of this planet... nothing like the lies you fed me. You're just a toy waiting to be put away... that is.. if I want you to be." She turned back, resuming her stare into the destroyed city. You didn't look up at her. Instead you just muttered out loud:

Pathetic.

spinel had the look of surprise. "What?" she repeated, a dry curiousness in her tone. You look up at her, a stoney look in your eyes as you spoke up, much louder this time. "You're PATHETIC." you snarled. spinel let out a genuinely astonished gasp. "ME pathetic?" you nodded solemnly but bitterly. "yes. think about it. you come here, to destroy an entire world, millions of innocent lives.. potential friends... a potentially better restart... an innocent boy..." you stand upright, boldly looking into your eyes. "for someone who doesn't even exist anymore." spinel stared at you wide eyed, mouth slightly open. in a burst of rage, she suddenly slams a fist into the ground of the injector's top, growling in frustration. "AH, WHAT DO YOU KNOW!?" she storms toward you angrily. "I WAS BETRAYED BY THE ONE WHO CREATED THAT POWERLESS LOSER! SHE LEFT ME FOR THIS PITIFUL ROCK OF A PLANET!! LEFT ME ALONE!! AND YOU'RE COMING AFTER ME!?"

"YOU AREN'T THE ONLY ONE SHE HURT! SHE'S CAUSED WORLDWIDE PAIN TO OTHER GEMS WITH HER REBELLION! PAIN TO THE DIAMONDS! PAIN TO HER OWN SON! PAIN TO ME, DAMN IT!" you bellowed a stomping a boot down. That was when noticed steven, halfway on the platform, wide-eyed in astonishment and fear. Hoping she hadn't notice, you continued. "but you don't see me going after her child! trying to kill him and everything he cares for! Everything he's achieved! know why?" You get into her face into a furious snarl. "I'VE ACCEPTED PINK IS GONE!!" you practically roared, making her cringe back.

you panted, shaking in hurt and anger. "This boy your so intent on killing wasn't even aware of your existence until today! what would be the point of killing him off? he's not pink diamond! He's his own person. He's changed and made peace across the galaxy. and you just go ahead and erase it all and get rid of any and all possibilities of making a new beginning for yourself? For someone already GONE!?" spinel's eye twitches and she grits her teeth in a newfound fury. She gets into your face as well, pressing her forehead against yours. "CHANGED, HUH!!? HOW HAS HE CHANGED!!? HIS MOTHER STILL LIVES AS LONG AS HE'S STILL ALIVE! AND I'M MAKING SURE EVERYTHING WITH PINK DIAMOND IS DEAD!" She jabbed hard at your shoulders, making you stagger back a bit. You growl in your throat, giving her a cold stare. "..and what will you do afterwards, huh??" spinel blinked, looking genuinely taken aback. "whAT?" You nodded. "Think about it. when earth is dead and gone... what will you do? Where will you go? there will be no one else. nothing left. no other purpose for you. any other gems would want nothing to do with you after you learned what you've done to their peace-giver. Diamonds especially." you glare past her wide, almost terrified eyes into her very being.

"you'll more lonely that you were in the garden waiting for her."

you were suddenly knocked back by a powerful slug to the face from an enlarged fist, causing you to stagger back a few feet and fall onto your back. you shook your head in a daze and look up in time to see spinel with an almost deranged sneer coming at you with enormous fists. "I wanted to keep you around longer. Really. I did. but now you're just as ANNOYING to me as your SWEET PEACE-GIVER!!" she then throws another fist at you, prompting you to dodge it, causing her to leave a good sized crack in the injector surface. "but it's the truth, spinel! you're only going to hurt yourself more by doing this! I'm only trying to help you realize the consequences of your actions! you're only going to destroy your chances of elevating your pain!" spinel was wildly throwing punches at you, becoming more and more unhinged with each dodge you made. "Stop! there is no need for any of this! You're bigger than this! I understand your pain. i understand your anger! but pink diamond is gone! you'll be alone again! everything you'll do will be in vai-"

you were stopped by a hard slug in the stomach, knocking you back, and causes your body to glitch out, this time, you couldn't keep full control of your form and you just sporadically glitched and spasmed, groaning in agony. now mentally unhinged spinel stormed toward you, laughing lowly in her throat. "It's a shame, really." she loomed over you, any hints of sanity completely drained from her eyes. "I truly did like you... too bad you were like the nobodies here.. ah well..." she raised her enlarged fists up, readying a final blow to your now heavily cracked gem. "HAPPY SAILS, DREAMBOAT!!" before she could move however, a bright pink flash appeared from aways behind her. "leave (name) alone." spinel turned and you lazily lifted your head to see the reformed Steven, a large rose shield up and ready. he had a stern yet soft look on his face. you let your head drop again, trying to ignore the nauseating ache that plauged your unstable body. you're only dimly aware of the one-sided battle between Steven and spinel. Steven was singing to spinel. trying to reawaken the reasonable side to her. but this only seems to anger her more.. because during your half-conscious, state you heard spinel scream. "YOU CAN'T MAKE EVERYTHING BETTER BY SINGING SOME STUPID SONG!!"

that was when you felt a violent tremor run through the injector, which was enough to pull you from your dizzy state and sit up. you're shocked to see a large crater in the injector with steven huddled beneath his shield as spinel continued to whale on him. but with each hit, she becomes more and more saddened, her rage slowly melting, fading. "haha, that's funny.. right..? at least you guys found me funny." you heard her say, voice breaking. "you actually.. liked me... didn't you...?" she finally stopped. her fury gone completely. only leaving behind a broken spirit, dripping in remorse. "...what am I doing...? why do I wanna hurt you so bad..?" your  ears sagged as the gem slowly broke down. "I'm supposed to be a friend... I just wanna be a friend..." spinel... seeing her loss in rage, Steven deactivates his shield, sitting up straighter to finally speak with spinel. "spinel..."

however, the device beneath you begins rumbling beneath you all. "what the?" you look down to see massive cracks form in it's surface. your eyes widened in alarm as beams of light shined between them. the last thing you remember is a massive flash blinding you and feeling the ground shatter beneath you.