part 13: your happily ever after!

a surge of strength and energy ran through you, spreading all through you, all the way to the tips of your fingers, to the ends of your hair. You felt completely rejuvenated and more alive than ever. you feel your feet touch the ground and you instinctively stretch, yawning as if you had awoken from a good nap. when you reopen your eyes, you were greeted by the crystal gems, practically gawking at the reformed you. "...what?"

steven suddenly jumped up, a large, relieved smile spreading across his face. "(Name)! It worked!" he exclaimed, causing you to jump back. "What worked...?" he suddenly hugs you, giving a laugh of relief. Before you knew it, the others joined your side. "Lookin' good, (nickname)!" Amethyst exclaims, throwing her arms around your waist. "You gave us a scare, dreamboat." You hear garnet add, smiling warmly. "You're quite lucky, there." Pearl adds, holding your arm. You step back a bit and look at steven. "Steven... exactly what happened back there...?" you asked, not remembering what had transpired. Steven chuckled wearily, rubbing the back of your neck. "Well... uh..." he starts, his eyes darting around. you tipped your head to the side, and follow his gaze... that was when you caught sight of the destruction.

Everything was in a dismal state. Where the injector had been was a massive, dirt crater, pink poison still running in streams all around. Remains of the injector were scattered about the area in great, smoking chunks. Your mouth hangs open in stunned awe at the destruction as steven gives a meek laugh. "the injector... it kinda exploded... and you poofed... and your gem kinda-" you place a finger over his mouth, having heard enough. "That's.. okay, kid. Let's just be happy that-" your eyes shoot open as you gasp in terror at a sudden realization. "Spinel!" You exclaimed, becoming rigid. As you broke away from the group, looking around frantically. "Where's spinel??" Steven himself looked around for a moment before pointing ahead of you. You turned to the direction of his finger, and frowned, seeing the disheartened pink gem walking away from the group.

you stared after her for a few moments before you took off running to her, scrambling in front of her, causing her to stop, looking up at you sadly. "spinel! where are you going?" you asked, grabbing her shoulder, looking concerned. spinel rubbed the back of her head, looking sheepish. "I... I have work to do." she says. "friendship isn't going to be easy for me. so I have to work at it." she offers you a sad smile, putting a hand on yours. "But.. seeing as how I almost had you shattered... I think it's safe to say I already messed up with you." She looked to the side sadly. "You... deserve a better gem anyway.." you stared at her for a very long time, ignoring the mutters from the group behind you. "spinel, look at me." you finally requested, firmly. she flinches, but complies with your order and turns her head back to you, so you're face to face. you stare at her for a moment longer. You then brought a hand to the back of her head and pressed her forehead against yours. She made a small sound of surprise and she blushed deeply at the intensity in your sudden glare. "if you think I want to be with anyone else other than you..." you give her charming smirk as you poked her cheek. "You're a massive dope." you chuckled lightly, brightness shining in your eyes. "in case you have forgotten we both had suffered a great deal of pain in our lives, all from the same person we thought to be great.." you brought a hand to your horns, giving it a poke. "but.. I don't want you to suffer through the scars alone. I care about you. More than you realize." you touch your nose to hers.

Spinel's lip quivered as her eyes welled up. "you... you really mean It..?" she whispered. "even after what I said and did to ya...?" you smiled and chuckled softly. "You weren't in the right place at the time." you give a playful wink, pulling her into a hug. "Your new place... is my arms." spinel bursts out laughing, playfully punching your shoulder. "Even after all this, your STILL cheesy!" with that you start playfully tossing her up into the air and catching her, while dancing about, laughing as she giggled and laughed in pure euphoria. from afar steven and the others watched with smiles on their faces, letting out a few giggles. "Aw, lucky!" Amethyst pouts, crossing her arms. "You should be happy for her. She won't have to worry about being alone again." garnet adds. Steven snickers as you twirl her around, giving her pecks at the cheek, eliciting giggles from her. "Yeah.."