part 7: ouch..

"WeeeeEEEEEeeeEEE!!" spinel was joyfully swinging from your arm while you spun in place, laughing at her absolutely adorable reaction. After a few twirls, you set her down. after staggering dizzily for a moment, she starts doing cartwheels around you laughing gleefully. Under Steven's request, you were assigned the duty to keep spinel busy, so they can think of a way to get ruby and Sapphire to fuse without any interruptions. But assigned or not, you actually wanted a bit more interaction with the cute little spinel. And it wasn't like she'd pay any attention to what they were doing. Her attention was all yours.

she brings her cartwheeling to a stop and throws her arms around your abdomen, staring up at you with starry eyes, not noticing your wince of pain. "I gotta say, (name)!" she pipes cheerfully. "you're so much fun!" she says, squishing her face into your abdomen, making you bite back a groan of discomfort as her gem pressed against yours. "and you're very strong." she mutters quietly, her mouth covered, blushing a deep magenta. She was averting her gaze again. Amused, you placed a hand on your head. "I am?" Her blush somehow deepened at your tone and she buries her face into your stomach, murmuring into it. Muffled as it was, you loosely heard her respond; "yes..". You snort in amusement, but can't help but have that nagging reminder on how she can't grasp the situation at hand. Not to mention the tenderness of your cracked gem... she then back flips and raises her hands in the air gleefully. "come on, let's play another game!" she turns to run off, but her eyes flick upto a discarded object steven set aside. you tip your head to the side and spinel hums in curiosity. she then totters over to it and picks it up.

she stares at it quizzically with pursed lips, eyes the small red button. "Wait, Spinel!" you call, running towards her, frantically waving your arms. This startled steven into attention, one once he spots spinel holding the massive pizza cutter like object, he is equally as frantic, waving an arm as if he were trying to reach it. "don't touch that thing!" but alas; as you reached him, she pressed the button and to your horror, the circular blade came whirling to life, vibrating spinel's body and lose her footing. and in that moment she lost total control, being dragged around on that thing. ruining objects left and right. You grasp your head in terror, not only at the fact she's causing destruction to the little town, but fact she can get seriously hurt. Luckily, Steven managed to knock spinel off the saw, but it still continued its rampage, destroying scaffolding and at some point dislodged an anvil from it's hanging place. you realize now that it would crush the ruby. you look on in horror as steven struggles to hold the pink shield's power, as it starts cracking. oh no! "RUBY!" Without thinking, you run at ruby in full speed and just before the anvil strikes, you ram into her, knocking her out of the way, while at the same time, knocking the wind out of you.

everything was hazy for a moment before you were brought back to attention with a bright glow. you turn to see the two beings dance and seemingly... fuse together into...

"garnet!" steven exclaims, running toward her. as you tried to contemplate what happened, you feel spinel's hand on your shoulders. "are you okay there, (name)?" she said, regarding you in concern. "you took quite a spill there!" you cough a bit, clutching your stomach, as the pain throbs prominently. "D-don't worry, I-I'm fine." You reassure her, a soft smile on your face. She almost takes it, but your body spasms and glitches slightly, jumbling your speech slightly.  With effort, you regain control of yourself, grunting in pain and fatigue.  You look up at spinel, worry painfully obvious on her face. You smiled reassuringly at her, placing an hand on her cheek. "I'm fine." after a while, she places a hand over your eye, which, unbeknownst to you, was now completely void of any pupils or iris, just a vivid (color) sclera. You place your hand atop hers, smiling softly, prompting a small smile to stretch her lips as well. "(Name)! Come on! We gotta find amethyst!" Exclaims steven, already mounted on your bike. You look at spinel and pat her head before running to your vehicle, mounting it and giving it a few revs.

Spinel catches up and lashes an arm to steven and runs to his side. "don't forget your best friend Spinel!"

"oh..." steven looked... reluctant for some reason. "spinel. you stay here with the others... and (name) and I will be right back." the then lets go of her hand. she stared with what looked like horror for a moment, causing you to frown sympathetically. You opened your mouth to try and reason with the boy to bring her along, only for spinel to speak up in an angered and gruff "NO!!" This startled you both and you flinched back. your eyes widened, identifying the manic expression you saw on her face just this morning, causing you to shiver as a sudden chill swept through you. Steven was clutching your shoulders, as if he were hiding behind them, before speaking up, albeit nervously. "o-okay.. let's go together?"

after a few moments, she instantly perked back up, with a cheerful "Yay!" And giggle. She then jumps into your lap, leaning back affectionately against you with a soft hum. Steven huffed and patted your shoulder. "We're good. Let's go!" You nodded and after one last rev, you were off to beach city.