~part 32: growing up fast~

"Come on, how many times am I gonna have to peel ya off your siblings? Come here, ya little rascal."

With an exasperated sigh-laugh, spinel gently pried the (color) spineling from the small pink (gem) who was trilling in agitation at yet another attack from his sister. The (color) spineling squirmed and squeaked in a blind, playful protest, groping for her mother's nose as she brought her eye-to-eye. "You're even fussier than I was. You're lucky I've still got the energy to keep up with ya." She pressed a small kiss to her daughter's forehead and placed her back down, watching her scamper to another part of the bed.

Pink pearl giggled as spinel huffed, tugging at her frizzy pigtail to straighten it. "Jeez, I knew there'd be work, but I wasn't expecting this much so early..."

It's only been about 4 weeks since the gemling's arrival and they're already more active than the either of you anticipated. We'll, two of them were. Iolite and (spineling) in particular. Though Iolite was a playful little gemling, he wasn't overbearing. He would occasionally wrestle with his siblings, but he was mostly content with trying to catch someone's finger, or your tail tip.

In contrast, his younger sister would often crawl atop her siblings, sleeping or not and engage in a intense bout of wrestling, nibbling and hair pulling, often leading to you or spinel to pull her off them, which was a task itself, given that she has a strong grip. The other two were polar opposites. Kunzite, while friendly, was very skittish and preferred to watch from the sidelines, pressed against her mother's belly or nestled in your tail's coil. Though she will play with plushies and she also loved hide and seek.

(Gemling)... he just slept most of the time. He did interact with his siblings most of the time, chirping to them in a friendly manner, but he mostly kept to himself, sleeping near his mother and kunzite, or in your thick mane of hair. He was unfortunately a prime target to (spineling)'s attacks, and after each one, he'd nestle closer to spinel or deeper into your mane, in hopes you'd keep his rambunctious siblings away from him while he napped. Overall, there was never a dull moment with the sweet little things.

"Just wait till their elasticity comes in." Spinel looks up from the gemling litter, and a bright smile stretches her lips as you approached the nest. "Then we'll ALL be in trouble." Spinel huffed, rolling her eyes playfully. "Yeah yeah, whatever." You rested your torso onto the foot of the bed, and almost instantly, (spineling) crawls over to you, chirping in delight at your return from your visit the diamonds. You smiled warmly down at your daughter, waving your finger over her head prompting her to try and catch it. "How have you been? you causing mama any trouble?" You rested your chin on the bed and (spineling) pressed her small hands into your cheek, squeaking in joy.

Spinel huffed, grinning tiredly. "About 10 surprise attacks to her siblings and 2 attacks to my face while I slept." You snickered lightly. "She takes after you, then." Spinel grunts and rolls her eyes, still grinning. You snickered staring into (spineling)'s bright magenta eyes. So much like her mother's. "So, when are we gonna start showin' them around?" You laugh as your daughter clings to your hair, trilling in determination to climb to the top. "When yellow or blue pearl arrive with the materials needed."

You heave a small sigh, stamping down any kinds of negative feedback that your instincts were giving you, and instead let the swell of pride fill your chest.

After all... this was a special day.
~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you ready, my (gem)?" Yellow pearl asked, arriving with a (color) pram with a dark magenta canopy over it. You gave a small nod in which she returned, a small smile of excitement stretching her lips. "Right then. Come now, our diamonds can barely wait to meet them any longer." Carefully, you gather your gemlings up and place them into the well cushioned enclosure, while blue pearl assisted in helping spinel out of the nest. "Easy does it, my spinel." Blue pearl gently reminded spinel as she wobbled on her feet. Spinel stretched her legs and pressed her hands into her lower back, as if she were trying to relieve a stiffness in it. "Aah, boy does that feel nice." She sighed in relief, before turning her attention to you. "Ready, doll?" You turned to your gemlings in the pram as they settled themselves in, and returned her smile.

"As I'll ever be."

What type of reactions shall today bring.
~~~~~~~

Oh...

The great diamond authority.

High, mighty beings that ruled over homeworld, as well as the entire gem race. And just a few years ago, they ruled with a merciless, iron fist and took absolutely no prisoners.

And while nowadays, they were more loose in their grip on their ruling, they still had the professional air about them, especially with giving orders.

So... it was astonishing to see such high beings do something that humans call...

...fangirl..