part 6: future at stake..

"You have strong arms..." you hear spinel mutter, squeezing your bicep, looking genuinely impressed. You gave a small chuckle, blushing a light (color). "Well... uh... it's what you get for being a (gem)..." you reply sheepishly. Spinel crinkled her nose, into a slight pout. "I bet you're better than those other (gem)s." She claims, burying her face in the crook of your neck. You blush even darker at this, biting your lip lightly, embarrassed the fact her nose tickled your neck slightly. "You think so..?" You absentmindedly ask, raising a hand to fiddle with one of her pigtails. "I know so." She murmured confidently, followed by a giggle. You smile lightly. "Well... can't say I've seen many spinels. But.. I doubt any of them are as cute as you." You almost purred, smirking at the squeal of happiness she made, followed by a tight hug.

"(Name)! Come over here for a sec."

your conversation comes to a halt as you look up at steven, who was gesturing you over. You clear your throat, and awkwardly walk over, spinel clinging to you tightly. once your over, he gestures to spinel with a sigh. "here she is. my new best friend spinel..." you smile sheepishly as spinel jumps down from you and bows her head theatrically to the homeworld gems. "A pleasure to meet you..." bismuth raises her eye brow in bewilderment. "I thought you said she was trying to kill you?" You itched the back of your neck uneasily. "It's a funny story-" spinel suddenly snaps go your side, wrapping her arms tightly around your waist, squishing her cheek against it, almost as if she were saying 'mine'. The words died in your throat and you looked to your feet and blushed darkly again. "She's... grown attached to (name), as you can see..." Steven huffs, to which bismuth lets out a soft chuckle. "Who wouldn't be?"

of course, you lose track of Steven's conversation with the other gems, as spinel climbed up to your shoulders, burying her nose into the crook of your neck as she hugged you, releasing a sigh. You let a smile float to your face as you pat her cheek, causing her to press her cheek into yours. this goes on for a few minutes before you stop and look up at steven, frowning as you saw tears form in his eyes. You walk over to him, and place a hand on his shoulder. "hey, kid. Don't let this get to you." You say, comfortingly. "You've been through a lot to achieve this goal. Everything won't always be easy." You frowned as he turned away brushing your hand away, lamenting his now broken "happily ever after."

You crook an eyebrow and put your hand back oh his shoulder, turning him to face you. He looks up, his face mixed with despair of the situation and indignance at your persistence. You place a hand under his chin and raised it slightly. "Chin up, kid. You saved the galaxy, and brought peace to it, so you can definitely find a way to get out of this!" He looks up at you, eyes flickering for a moment before bismuth appears behind you, clapping a hand to your shoulder. "(Name)'s right! It's never been easy to gain everything we have now." He manages to cracked a small smile at this as the others join in on rising the boy's spirit, reminding him just how strong he was. After a bit of coaxing, his spirit finally reignites in full glory. Steven offers a bright smile to you before huddling with the others. "okay, let's put our heads together." he starts, glancing back at the red and blue duo. "there's gotta be some way to make them remember."

"what if it works like a puzzle?" spinel quips, still perched on your shoulders, catching Steven's. "if we give them all the pieces..." she starts up, placing her hands together. "eventually, they'll get the picture!" she finishes placing both her hands on your head, forming a heart.

"Spinel! You might be on to something!" he exclaims happily. "if the experience they lost are a piece of who they are, we just have to give them back all the experience! one piece at a time!" again, they break into a short musical number;

"we'll find a way, to save the day, because that's who we are!"

that was when spinel broke in, unaware of her lateness. "here we are in the future! and it's WROOOOONG!" You snicker softly, placing a finger to her lips. "Hold it there, missy. The song's over."

She giggles and blushes softly, grabbing your wrist. "Oopsie."