~part 14: aftermath~

"Oh hey! Hey (Name)!"

Before you can process the voice that called your name, you turn to see a very cheery Steven running toward you. "Hey, champ!" You smile and turned to meet the boy, giving him a brief hug.

Steven beamed up at you. "what're you doing here?" He asked absentmindedly, eliciting a chuckle from you. "Ah, I'm just visiting. Wanted to see how the earth was." You replied simply. "Well... that and pickin' up some donuts." You held up a large box of the pastries. "Spinel's been wanting something sweet, and this is what she recalled eating that was sweet."

Steven, for a split second, raised an eyebrow for a moment, before he smiled warmly with a giggle. "Well, they are pretty good!" You nodded and straightened up. "So, how's it goin' so far, champ? Anything weird happening these past few months?" You asked, looking around. Everything has indeed improved. From the looks of it; Little Homeworld was officially done! Big and thriving with gems all around, with the occasional passerby turning their heads to ogle you.

"Things are going well! Gems are really starting to adapt here!" He replies cheerfully. "How're you holding up living with the diamonds?" He asked, his gaze falling to your new outfit; an extravagant (color) attire, looking similar in look to yellow diamond's outfit, but not only did it have a cut out for your gem, but it had a (color) cape that stretched to your shins. Steven chuckled softly and smirks up at you. "Looks like they've been treating you well, huh?" you bit your lip, rubbing the back of your neck. "They... are very doting.." you replied wearily.

Steven snickered. "Anyways, how have things been with you and spinel?" You smiled brightly at his question. "Things have been... Swell with me and spinel." You chuckled lightly. "She is MUCH much better since the last time you met." You smile wider, reminiscing on the recent memories shared between you two. "She's a lot of fun to be around, let me tell you. Never a dull moment with that gem." It made you wonder why pink wouldn't take spinel to earth with her. Endless smiles with that sweet pink gem! Even if she can be a bit... clingy...

You must have trailed off because Steven's snicker snapped you back into reality. You blinked a couple of times, blushing lightly at Steven's smug, amused smile. "Ahem! Yeah. Urm. It's been fun." You stammer, trying not to let your embarrassment show. "Yeah. Okay." He replies, almost smugly.

you grumbled playfully, reaching out and ruffling the boy's hair. "Well. I better get going. I don't wanna keep spinel waiting for too long." You clap a hand on his shoulder. "Maybe if you get the time, you can visit my new place!" You said, smiling at the grin and starry-eyed stare Steven had. "I'll have to take you up on that offer!"

You nodded, grinning. "Okay. Tell the others I said hi! Take care, champ!" with that, you walk off, Steven waving cheerfully at you calling; "Bye, (name)! Tell the diamonds and spinel I said hi!"
~~~~~~~~~~

You entered the palace, releasing a small huff of contentment. "My (gem)." a soft voice greets, prompting you to turn and face a pink pearl with a sweet smile traditionally saluting you. "How was your visit to earth?"

You smile warmly at her, walking over to her and giving her a soft pat on the head. Just the sight of her made you feel somewhat humble. I still can't believe they even gave me pink's pearl as well...

You grinned and walked over to her, placing a hand on her head. "It was lovely. Thank you for asking. And I want you to try this," you then reach into the box and pull out a pink lollipop. "A sweet earth treat for a sweet pearl." She gave the look of surprise for a moment before a look of gratitude washed over her face, even if it was slightly hesitant. After all, gems aren't known to indulge in eating. "Th-Thank you, my (gem).. b-but I don't-" You chuckled lightly. "Just give it a go. Pretty please?" Pink pearl looked at you for a brief moment before nodding and cautiously taking a small lick of the sweet.