part 9: reopened wounds..

"this isn't working."

you were standing stone still beside spinel as she and garnet danced to the near DEAFENING music. loud screaming crowd, blaring music, pounding drums. What part of this ritual is entertaining to humans?? "isn't this fun, (name)!?" you barely hear spinel over the screeching crowd. You let your head drop and groan beneath the overwhelming audio. Let something INTERESTING happen! Please!

a sudden flash of light catches your attention. you raise your head, startled at a puff of smoke that had formed on the stage. you tip your head to the side in curiosity. What's this now? out of the smoke cloud came... a four-limbed being with a wild mane and odd pompadour. in his arms were a double-necked guitar. "Whoa.." your eyes widened as he took his jacket off, and threw it to garnet, who was beside spinel... who had gone still.

from there, a song of being independent was played. this time... you listened. it was nice. inspiring even. you've been independent for so long. it was also quite the performance! beautiful colors, a dancing in the sky, smooth singing, epic fusions... "now THIS is what I'm talking about!" you were so enraptured that didn't notice that beside you... spinel had become strangely silent...

after the performance, your tail was wagging quite a bit. "quite the masterpiece, if I do say so myself." when you finally come off from the high of the magical experience, you finally realized the condition spinel was in. you were shocked to see her frowning in what looked like... dejection. her eyes were glassy and tears threatened to spill over. she looked bitterly hurt. so much so, you could almost swear you felt it in your chest. "hey... spinel?" You reach for her, but before your fingers make contact, spinel suddenly broke into a run. Stunned, you watched as the suddenly sad spinel run off with your mouth open and arm extended in a silent protest. "What..." why did she look so broken...? you booked it to your motorcycle, ignoring the protests of the crystal gems and Steven, revving it a few times, and without a second thought, you sped off after her.

I don't know what's going on here.. but I wanna help her. I have to.

Tears just don't suit her..
~~~~~~~~

"Damn it!"

Racing down beach city, you cussed to yourself, as you lost sight of your pink treasure. Should have left earlier! You sigh, shaking your head, swallowing a lump that formed in your throat, as you remembered that horribly pained expression on her face. Oh spinel... what happened to you? You caught glimpse of a glowing, coming from a room in steven's home, and you slowed to a stop near the house. running into the house, you followed the glow, which led up a flight of stairs and into his warp room. there, you found spinel, weeping to her hands rather loudly. you frowned as tears stung your eyes, threatening to still over. you took a few slow steps forward, reaching a hand out for her. "Spinel..." the pink gem turned to you, tears streaming from her eyes with a sorrowful look on her face. That alone broke you even more. ".. (n-name)..." she hiccuped, her mouth twitching as if she were trying to smile at you. she sniffled as she tried to wipe her eyes, only for more tears to spill out and soak her cheeks again. you finally fully walked over to her fully, spinel sniffling and rubbing her cheeks as she watched you. when you knelt down in front of her, she lowered her head, leaning into your chest, letting fat tears drip onto your legs, only to be soaked up by your jeans. you wrapped your arms around her as she wept, opening her mouth, like she would say something, only to clench her teeth and hiccup and sniffle. she was sobbing to hard to even talk. after a while, you brought a hand to her wet chin and lifted it, so she could face you. her glassy, teary eyes stared sadly into your sympathetic (color) orb of an eye. her pupils quivered as she tried to dampen her sobs.

you use the bottom of your shirt to wipe her tears, while rubbing her cheek in a soothing rhythm with your other hand. "what happened? Why'd you run off like that...?" you asked softly. her lip quivered as she opened her mouth to reply. "I...It's just... I... I started getting these feelings flooding back to me..." your eyes flashed at these words. you placed your hand on her wet cheek, rubbing a thumb on it softly to sooth her further. "feelings..? like what..? what do you remember that hurt you like this..?" you asked lightly, as to not offend her. she looked at you for a moment, with tears streaming down her face. she then looked down, as if she were trying to think back. She leaned into your hand, putting hers atop it as she sighed miserably. "What can you remember?" you asked, rubbing her back comfortably she looked down at you for a moment before looking to the side... "I... remember..." she began, falling deeper into thought. "Did something happen in your past..?"

her eyes flashed. "My past?" she then stared off in a distance, zoning out almost. That small cute smile came to her face, as if she were remembering something happy... but as soon as it appeared, it fell into an anguished frown. "NO!" in a burst of sudden grief and anger, she slams her fists into the pad you were on, activating it. you yelped as you were suddenly brought up into a bright tube of blue light. "s-spinel! where are we going?" You asked. spinel didn't look back. only replied in a solemn voice.

"back.. to where I never left..."