part 4: oh boy.

"Owww..."

You murmered, after prodding your cracked gem again. Your body glitches and flashes subtly from the slightest touch, and you groan in discomfort as a wave of disorientation washed over your for that moment. Steven who had been sulked over his poofed friends regarded you in concern. "(N-Name), be careful.." he cautioned, putting a hand on your back. You clasped your hands over your face, feeling dizzy for a moment before exhaling and sitting back upright. You groaned lightly, sliding your hands off your face. "I'm... fine..." you slowly sat back up, regarding Steven with the same concern. "What about you? You took quite a slashing back there." He shrugged. "I... Don't know. All's I know is we have a new problem on our hands." He muttered solemnly, aiming his despair over his fallen friends. "Don't worry!" His father, by the name of "Greg Universe" piped reassuringly. "They'll reform again. They always do!"

sure enough, pearl's... well, pearl has rising up, glowing brilliantly in mid-air. Steven smiles in anticipation as he watched, waiting for his friend to re-emerge. only... a holographic clam appeared around it. oh no. You were corrupt for a period of time, but you knew full well, that something like this was quite bad. after gaining greg's identity; "umGreg Universe", the clam opens and pearl reforms in a brilliant flash of light. initially, Steven was relieved to have his long time friend back, but you knew from the look on her face, she's just not... pearl. this is further confirmed when she completely ignores steven and walks her way to greg, introducing herself musically.. as his.. servant..? your mouth opens partially in a surge of worry. Yep, that ain't pearl anymore.

one by one, the gems reform, all of them with no memories as to who they used to be. Just their original purposes. Ruby, meant to guard the future seeing Sapphire and Amethyst, apparently faulty, as she was supposed to be bigger, but she was short due to her lengthy formation at her kindergarten. She was also mimicking the movements of people who caught her eyes. you let your head slowly drift to the side as they were all introduced musically by the amnesiac pearl.

she then got to you, she of course explained your gem and it's purpose, albeit closer than necessary. She then finished, with an almost flirtatious hint in her voice. "And a perfectly formed gem, with very little flaws, " Her eyes then caught your cracked gem and she frowned sadly. "Except for that crack... from what cause?"

That was your attention was then caught again by the heart gem slowly raising beside you on the table. steven tried to summon his shield, but of course like his bubbles, they didn't work. You backed up a few paces, preparing to face the pink delinquent once again... but to your surprise, it... rotated into the upright position, and she reformed into... into... oh stars..

in contrast to her spiky pigtails, she had heart-shaped buns on her head, and round, pink, squeaky shoes. everything about her was round and cartoony. especially her eyes! large, black pupils with a wedge in them, like two black pies, and 3 eyelashes on each of them. and of course on her now white shirt, was the heart up turned in the right position. and in contrast to how you met her... she was... child-like, almost. bubbly, giggly and very goofy. Quite cute, you might add. she danced in a silly way and as pearl explained, she will provide endless entertainment! She's the perfect cut as well. she is also Steven's self-proclaimed.. best friend... spinel?

There is way too much to take in, and you blinked rapidly.

"Uuuuhhh??" you droned loudly, catching everyone's attention. ruby stared at you for a moment, putting an arm out in front of Sapphire protectively, but gave you a small, respectful greeting nod. Sapphire behind her, gave you an ever so slight smile, giving a small wave to you. amethyst stared at you with a vacant look on her face before she mimicked your "what's happening" pose. Pearl blinked respectfully at you, still holding your bicep for some reason.

as for spinel...