~part 28: arrival time~

(back in your room...)

"Uuugh... D-did you call em..?!"

pink pearl flinched as spinel writhed in her nest, clutching her abdomen as unimaginable pain seared through her lower body, making everything hurt with the slightest movement she made.

"Y-yes, my spinel. (name) is on the way! please hold out a bit longer!"

Spinel groaned, letting out a shaky breath as the contraction ended. "Oh gee, why couldn't I think of that?" She growled sarcastically, hugging a pillow tightly into her chest. Of course blue pearl was there standing at her bedside, try her best to calm the hyperventilating pink gem. "Please keep calm. (Name) will arrive soon. Just hold on." Spinel snapped her head up and fixed blue pearl with a scowl. "Like I haven't heard that already-!" She gasped and curled up, clutching the pillow tighter into her, gritting her teeth against another contraction, though his time, it was strong to the point she found it hard to catch her breath and tears poured from her eyes. All's she could manage was a meek, pained whimper as she absentmindedly bit into the pillow in her pain ridden haze.

Blue pearl rubbed her back as pink pearl watched on, fear etched in her features.
~~~~~~~~~~

"THERE YOU ARE!! WHAT IN HOMEWORLD TOOK YOU SO LONG!?" You flinched as you were greeted by a frantic yellow pearl. "Your gemlings are on their way! Come along, there is no time to waste!" With a gesture of her arm, she takes off towards the direction of your room, with you following hot at her heels.

In the hallway, many gems that still resided in homeworld crowded the palace watching you with surprised, nervous yet eager faces as you ran past them, some of which gave you a few reassuring cheers, thumbs up and praises. The support they gave you both was amazing. But you couldn't be flattered for long, as a notably sharp, agonized wail made your stomach drop. "Oh dear, those contractions are becoming more frequent then they should be..." You barely hear yellow pearl mutter as she comes to a halt at your door and gestures you in, to which you do with no hesitation. You burst in and paused, your eyes locked on the pink gem curled in on herself, trembling in pain you couldn't imagine. Without a second thought, you run over to her, quickly grabbing the hand that was gripping at the bed sheets. Once she felt this, she looked up at you, eyes hazy in tears and unfocused in pain. "(N-name)... Wh-what took ya so long...?" She wheezed as she interlocked her fingers with yours.

"Don't worry spinel... Everything's gonna be okay... I'm here now." You reassured her, giving her hand a soft, reassuring squeeze. "It'll all be over before you know it." Spinel opened her mouth to reply, but the ever-growing pain kept her from getting a proper sentence out. "I-I hope... s-so...!" Was all she could manage to choke out between labored breaths.

You gently push her onto her back and assisted in helping her prop herself against the mounts of pillows propped against the bed's headboard as blue pearl calmly made her way to the foot of the bed and raised the blanked slightly, causing spinel to blush slightly and attempt to cover herself. "N-now hold on a minute... W-What do you think you're doinnn-!!" Blue pearl looked up at spinel as she bit her lip against a cry of pain at another powerful contraction that gripped her, causing her to unconsciously squeeze your hand in the process. "Do not worry, my spinel." She spoke softly and soothingly. "While it's been eons since we've seen it, we pearls still know about gemling delivery." She looked back down at her task. For a split second, she opened her mouth slightly, as if she were alarmed at something. But quickly, she shut it again, looking up at spinel and gave a small nod. "Okay, my spinel. When I give the word, I need you to push as hard as you can. And when I count to 6, you may stop to take a breath. okay?" Spinel, still quivering from residual pain, managed to give a weak nod of affirmation. Blue pearl nodded and looked back down. Blue pearl waited a moment until she heard spinel's breath hitch as another contraction rose up within her. "Okay, my spinel. I need you to push... now."