~part 24: they do what...?~

The rest of the shower goes on without a hitch, with sour cream playing all your favorite songs, eating surprisingly delicious food (though amethyst made some questionable combinations with a few things) and you both received a lot of toys, a majority of them being from Larimar, as she works for funland, some figurines from onion, and of course, Steven had offered you his old supplies from when he was a baby.

Speaking of Steven, he appeared to be a bit more awkward around you after that pink mishap. Nervous laughing, averting eye contact, excessive stammering, it almost seemed like he was scared to come near you. this raised your suspicions a little. What's up with that...?

"Don't worry about it, my (gem)." Pink pearl assured. "He just doesn't want to startle you or spinel if his... pink powers emerged again." You eyed the pink pearl suspiciously. "Do... you know what this state does to him? What he's capable of doing when he's like that?" pink pearl's face falters, her eye darting left and right a few times before putting on a neutral ghost of a smile. "Not... that I know of... I-I'm sure it's nothing to worry about." Before you could respond; she suddenly backs up. "P-Pardon me, my (gem). I shall go and check to see if spinel needs any assistance." With that, she walks off in a haste. you tried to call her back, but she's already gone in the crowd of gems and humans. Your eyes narrowed slightly. Obviously this pink state is something to worry about.

she knows something I don't.

what else did that kid inherit from pink diamond?

"(Name)?" You snapped to attention at the sound of a calm voice behind you. "Garnet?" you reply, turning to the fusion, a small if a little nervous smile on your lips. Thankfully she didn't seem to notice the weariness on you, because she offered a very warm smile, placing a hand on your shoulder. "I have something I want to show you. it might be handy for you and your gemlings once they arrive."

You raise your eyebrow in curiosity. "Oh? Erm, sure!" You smiled more sincerely now as you allowed garnet to guide you away from the couch, no noticing her glancing at pink pearl, who gave her a grateful nod in turn.

Soon the sun had set and the had eventually party died down. After wishing Steven and and crystal gems goodbye, you warp home to the diamond's palace. Spinel was talking up a storm while you happily listened on, while reading the pamphlets garnet had gifted you, one that reads it'll help with 'assisting' your horns and the other about a school in little homeworld. Pink pearl however, was a bit quiet.
~~~~~~~~~~

"Heh, the look on pearl's face was PRICELESS! She shoulda' remembered that I had a good swingin' arm." Spinel snickered, readjusting a pillow that was out of place while you read the classes little homeschool had to offer in the pamphlets you were gifted in your computer chair. Pink pearl listened with a smile as she placed the toys and plushies you've received in the order ranging from humanoids to animals on your dresser. You looked up from a paragraph and smirked mischievously. "Well, she probably wanted you to try to hit the PIÑATA." Spinel scoffed. "How was I supposed to know that Biggs gem was standing right behind me? I was blindfolded!" You snicker to yourself and shake your head, looking back down at your pamphlet. "I'll never understand why amethyst thought it would be a good idea to blindfold you and give you a bat in the first place..." spinel, hearing your playful jeer, scoffed and nudged you with her fist. "Beats readin' those little book thingies ya got there." You don't look up from your book as you reply with a flat note. "Pamphlet."

Spinel scoffs as she finished the readjustments. "Whatever it is." She grumbled, laying back and lacing her hands behind her head with a sigh. "By the way, do you know what amethyst was talking... about...?" She trailed off suddenly. While you didn't take your eyes off a specific paragraph, you felt a jolt of concern at the odd tone spinel took, followed by the pause. Sounded like she got a chill or something. "...you okay?"

There was suddenly a sharp gasp caused pink pearl to squeak and drop a figurine and you to jump in your seat, dropping your two pamphlets to the ground, snapping your head into spinel's direction. She was sitting straight up, her eyes darting back and forth subtly, wide in mild alarm and confusion. "Spinel?" You and pink pearl make your way over to her, you climbing into the bed, kneeling carefully beside her, and pearl just standing at her bedside. "What's wrong?" She looks at you briefly, before directing it down to her lap, rubbing her arm sheepishly, unsure herself. "Well.. it... ain't nothin' big... I just suddenly got this... wierd feeling in my belly.."

She suddenly stiffens, the look of bewilderment and mild discomfort present on her face, wrapping her arms around her midriff. You place a concerned hand on her back as she glares down at herself in frustrated confusion with a huff."...Like that..."

She didn't appear to be in any pain. if anything, she just looked to be incredibly uncomfortable. "What... feeling exactly..?" you ask, trying not to show your worry too much. She looks up in thought for a moment, before looking to her side, rubbing her arm in uncertainty. "Well... I don't know..." She admitted quietly. "kind of a... butterfly feeling, maybe..?" She sounded very uncertain. And honestly, that description, as odd as it may be, made you feel the slightest bit better. It wasn't anything you've ever heard, but it wasn't pain. "O...kay?" you replied slowly. What... could that be?

"It... may be the gemlings." pink pearl suddenly concluded. You turn to give a confused side glance. She was looking down, like she were thinking, then she looked back up with a small smile. "...yes, it must be." She confirmed. "That's probably what she's feeling." spinel lifted her head to pink pearl's direction. "Say what now?" pink pearl nodded, a soft reassuring smile on her face. "It's nothing to worry about, my spinel." She chirped. "After a certain amount of time, the gemlings will start to move on their own accord from time to time." spinel blinks, looking quite dumbfounded. "They... they can do what now..?"

She winced as the discomforting feeling returned momentarily and glared down at herself with a mild pout. "Well... didn't know they can do that..." She grumbled sounding mildly annoyed. You just looked at pearl, in awe. Who would've thought gemlings would've been able to move before birth? "I... didn’t either."

Seeing your reaction, spinel let a small smile come to her face and chuckled lightly. With a soft sigh, she shyly itches the back of her head. "...Jeez, it's just one surprise after another, eh?" Pink pearl giggled as you snickered in amusement. "Well, there's never a dull moment with you in general." Spinel scoffed and jabbed at your arm playfully. "Ya goob."

She snickers to herself before laying down onto her side with a yawn, her eyelids drooping, as a drowsy expression took hold. "Gosh, am I beat..." Shifting her weight so that she was in a more comfortable spot, she sighs softly as she allowed her eyes to shut. "I'm gonna turn in for the day..." her voice trailed off, nestling her head into a large plush rabbit she received from Larimer. On a sudden instinct, you gently pulled the blanket over her shoulder, smiling as she hummed in comfort, a tired smile of contentment crossing her face. It faltered slightly, as she quickly drifted into a peaceful sleep, though it was still barely visible on her visage if one were to look close enough.

My dear spinel. You smiled gently down at her sleeping form. Your smile faltered slightly as the diamond's words rang dully in your head. She was already at risk for her rarity as a perfect-cut. And now, as long as she held gemlings, she was more vulnerable then ever. Your eye twitched slightly at the thought.

No harm will come to her.

Or my gemlings.

You curled your lip, showing a glint of thick, pearly white fangs.

anyone who does so in the slightest...

will experience A fury that'll burn brighter than the light that once corrupted me.