~part 38: aftermath~

Night hits when the after party starts.

Everyone's doing their own things; gems talking to humans, humans talking to homeworld residents, even the diamonds were surprisingly mingling with the other lifeforms, blue was mostly the one talking and listening to the humans best she can while yellow and white just watched in interest.

Of course, a good deal of gems and humans were crowded around your gemlings, Steven holding your youngest son, and jasper holding your youngest daughter protectively. If it wasn't for steven, nobody would be able to get close to your gemlings without her growling at them. Connie stood beside him, letting iolite and kunzite sniff the flowers from the bouquet she caught when spinel threw it.

And you two are on the dance floor, doing the traditional dance between newly-wed lovers, beginning with an elegant slow dance between you both, both of your looking into each other's eyes, smiling brightly at each other in pure adoration. "Ya know..." she spoke softly, pressing her cheek into your chest. "...If this is what I get to have after waiting 6,000 years..." she muttered, eyes twinkling in the moon's light. "It was worth it."

You both embraced tightly, tears spilling out of your eyes as a bright flash engulfed you both, followed by a warm giddy feeling filling you both.

The crowd gaped at the bright white blob in the middle of the dance floor, eyes wide in alarm, surprise and ever so slight concern while garnet watched on with a tremendous smile on her face.

At once, a large figure emerged from the light, a loud bubbly voice erupting out of it.

"WHOO-HOO! it's time for this party to go full bloom!"

steven's eyes lit up like stars as the crowd cheered all around you.

well... you two.

"Awesome! you both fused!" he exclaimed joyfully while garnet placed a hand on your shoulder. "Does this fusion have a name?"

Your eyes all widened in realization. "oh yeah!" you looked down in thought for a moment. What to call this new form... after a moment, you smiled broadly. "you can call me (fusion name)!" you spread your arms out excitedly, standing on your tail. "now come on, folks, this party won't dance itself!"

with a hearty laugh and the beckoning of your hands, you invited everyone to dance with you, while sour cream blared your favorite tunes out into the night air.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been several months since that fateful night.

And a few things had changed since then.

Of course, you still lived with spinel in the diamonds' palace. And She has grown a lot less clingy and dependent, and instead became the bubbly, goofy, fun-loving gem she once was when pink was alive. And while she had a responsible, stern air when it came to her brood, she still did her best to keep them entertained, juggling, tickling and letting them roam around while you went out to gather nourishment for them.