Part 4

Y/N's POV

Oh wow, okay?

I furrowed my eyebrows, feeling that my privacy was invaded.

He was very observant, I gave him that.

But, he followed every conversation I had with my mom?

"Y/N?" The lack of response from me must have made Jimin questioned.

"Uh yeah, sorry. I spaced out," I tried to brush it away, but Jimin saw my furrowed eyebrows.

"Did I make you uncomfortable? I'm sorry, it's just that I was really waiting for the right time to talk to you so I listened closely to your phone conversation so that I could talk to you without interrupting you talking to your mom," he explained lengthily.

I didn't know what I did at this moment was just plain stupid or not, because I decided to forgive him.

He was looking at me with that guilty eyes, so I had no choice, right?

I was kind of under his spell.

You know, the eyes a baby gave to you asking to be given extra play time, I couldn't help but gave it to him even though it's past his bedtime.

That pitiful glossy eyes.

That eyes. Park Jimin gave me THAT eyes.

Furthermore, he looked sincere, and it was kind of impossible for him to have hidden agenda other than the fact that he wanted to thank me.

"It's alright, I would've probably done the same as well," I smiled at him, although he might not see the smile due to the mask I was wearing.

"Do you live far from here? We walked quite a distance," he asked, and I felt guilty for making him walk this far.

"Oh, it's just around the corner. You must be tired from your schedule, I'll be fine by walking on my own from here. You don't have to walk me until there,"

I tried to pull the beanie off my hair but before I did so, Jimin stopped me by wrapping his fingers on my wrist.

"Keep that on, consider it as a gift and my apology for eavesdropping on your many conversations" he muttered out confidently behind his mask, but still, I'm not going to keep his beanie.

"I really don't mind, and I can't take this. I wouldn't be able to wear this outside without my friends questioning about this," I pulled the beanie off and handed it to him.

"Take it, just keep it in your house if you're not wearing it" he pushed back the beanie to my hand and a thought crossed my mind.

Is he refusing to accept because I wore it already? Because he cared about hygiene?

"I'll wash this before returning it back to you?" I threw the question out, and Jimin was the one who furrowed his eyebrows this time.

"What? Why would you – no, you got me wrong. I didn't mind about that. I'm really giving you the beanie," he insisted, and I nearly melted at his soft voice.

"It'll be such a waste for this beanie to just stay in the closet though. Besides, you look good in this beanie. Wear it on your way to music show recording or whatever show you have, this beanie deserved to be showed off to the world," I tried to sugar-coat him to not give me the beanie.

That thing might look small but looking at the big tiger on the beanie, I doubt that this was a fake product.

Especially when the one who owned it was uh – Jimin.

"Alright, I'll take this back. But give me your number," he requested as he took the beanie from my hand.

Not to exaggerate but having the beanie off my hand made me felt relieved.

"Why –"

"Or do you want to give me your house address instead?" he didn't even let me finish.

Calm down, boy.

"Address? What are you planning to do with them?" I asked, weirded by his question.

"I still want to apologize, and if you don't give me your number, I'll buy anything I see suit for my apology and send them to your house. So, which one do you prefer?" he negotiated.

"None of them. I don't see the need for you to go that far. I accepted your apology and you don't have to worry about losing an ARMY here. I doubt myself that I can un-stan you guys any soon even if I want to," I kind of whispered to myself the last sentence but Jimin still heard it.

He laughed and habitually brushed off his hair, unintentionally making his hoodie fell from his head.

I was mesmerized to see him do 'the hair thing' in front of me but damn, I just saw his Adam's apple bobbed right in front of my eyes when he looked up.

God, cleanse my heart.

"I can't believe it is so hard to give an ARMY a gift. Why don't you want my gift? I sincerely want to give something back to you for supporting us," he sounded sad and I felt guilty again.

How many times I had felt guilty tonight?

Is he mad at me?

Am I going too far here?

We stood there not saying anything for a while, and I decided to give in to his request.

I wasn't going to let him stand here on the roadside for the whole night just because of my dumb phone number.

"I'll give you my number," I gave in.

"Really?! I mean – is it okay for me to have your number? I don't want you to feel forced to give me your number," he replied so enthusiastically that I somehow felt tricked.

Did he just fake his sadness earlier just to make me give him my number?

What are you thinking, Y/N?

Come to your senses already.

Why would he even do that?

You should be thankful that your idol asked for your number.

"No, it's just my number. You don't have to feel burdened for not contacting me if you had a change of mind. I don't mind at all, you say sorry is enough,"

I told him my number and my heart thumped when he stepped closer to me.

He was standing by my side and bended his knees a little to match my height like we were in a position to take a selfie.

I froze as I smelled his perfume and felt his body slightly touching my shoulder.

"Is this how you spell your name?" he showed me his phone.

"Are you a perfectionist – never mind, you are one" I cancelled the question by whispering out the answer on my own.

"I am not, I just don't like to spell people's names wrong like they did at Starbucks," he denied, and I just nodded a little, trying to act calm as I felt his breath brushed my cheek.

Not to mention his voice that hit my eardrums just now.

Why couldn't my ear able to record this?

"Yes, you spelled correctly, and I'll get going now. I already gave you my numbers, so don't try to sneak behind me to get my address. Although I doubt that you'll even do that," I whispered the last sentence to myself and this time, I don't think Jimin heard it.

We wished each other goodbyes and went separate ways.

I couldn't believe what just happened to me. 

What if tomorrow when I woke up and I realized that meeting Jimin was just a dream?