Part 29

Y/N's POV

Maybe, just maybe, I did hope that they didn't forget me just like that.

Although how insignificant I was, popping into their lives for only a few days, I did sincerely hope that they would remember me.

Having them excitedly talking to me through phone like this was really, really something that made me happy.

"Sorry," I apologized sheepishly, blinking away the tears that managed to glass over my eyes.

"How are you, sis?" Namjoon asked, representing all the boys, leading the conversation.

"I'm good. Like Taehyung once said in the Late Late Show – 'never better'" I chuckled a little, joined by a few of them as well.

"Did you get our gifts?" the leader asked again, in his calm voice and I almost felt my ears melting.

Thus, I concluded that all of them have ear-melting voices.

Except when they're screaming.

That's just pure ear-bleeding.

"I just did, but I only managed to open Hoseok oppa's gift as of now. You really don't have to give me this much though. I didn't even expect you guys to remember me," I scrunched my nose in guilty as I heard different hurt gasps from the boys.

"How could you, sweetie. I won't ever forget my food-lover comrade," I heard Seokjin's exaggerating complain and laughed again.

"Sorry Seokjin oppa," I apologized again, suddenly remembered about his heavenly-tasted homemade sandwiches.

--

Jimin's POV

"Noona, you should look at my gifts. I'm sure you'd love them!" I rolled my eyes at the voice of our youngest but then cracked a smile when I heard her laugh from the phone's speaker.

They were all huddled around the small device when Y/N first answered. Even the sleeping Yoongi got up and joined to greet the girl before he went back to sleep.

"Not going to speak to her?" Taehyung sat beside me after his short catch up with Y/N.

"I'm calling her myself later," I shrugged my shoulder, didn't really feel like talking to the girl I like when surrounded by the members.

"Well, we're free through the rest of the week. If you'd like – maybe – if you're thinking of wanting to stop by her house or something, we can help," Taehyung blurted out the idea like it was nothing and I stared at him incredulously.

But I was pondering the idea in my head.

"Can I do that?" I whispered, not wanting the other staffs to overheard and caused us to be lectured the next second.

"Noona's helping," he spoke out nonchalantly again, eyes on his phone, informing his parents about the holiday we got.

"Well, coming to her house might be troublesome to her. Maybe she can come to our old dorm again?" I suggested.

"Do you want to see her that badly?" Namjoon suddenly joined our conversation, making me jumped a little in my seat.

"Gosh hyung, I almost got a heart-attack. I want to meet her sooner or later, and if you guys and noona are willing to help like Tae said, I don't see why not. The faster the better for me," I confessed truthfully since all the members were already aware about my feelings to the girl.

"Eager, aren't we?" Namjoon smirked and nudged my side with his elbow, and I replied with a sheepish smile but not denying his statement.

"Of course, hyung"

"I'll talk to noona. She'll make ways somehow, it's not that hard considering all the shits she's been put through due to all the fake news and scandals about us. Plus, she offered herself. Maybe she has a soft spot for Y/N as well," Namjoon finalized, and he quickly acted by texting the said noona about our plan.

Hoseok was still talking to Y/N together with Jungkook and I decided to just ignore the two and focused on her voice instead.

"Can't wait to see you again," I looked down to my feet and muttered under my breath, and when I looked back up, I met eyes with Jungkook.

His eyes sparkled with mischief and I knew I had to talk to Y/N sooner than planned.

He took the phone from Hoseok and walked to me, shoving the phone in front of my face and waited for me to take it.

"Talk to her outside, I'm going to update Twitter using another phone. Take your time, hyung" he smiled cheekily, and I just chuckled, taking the phone and walked away from the crowd as told.

"Kookie? Hello, does the reception bad there?" I heard her voice calling out for Jungkook after being on hold for a few seconds.

"Kookie, huh?" I blurted out without any warning and probably took her by surprise, because she seemed to drop her phone as soon as she heard my voice.

"Ack – fu–dge my phone!" her shocked voice was heard in the distant and I couldn't help but laughed a little at her reaction.

I was glad I didn't call her during my tour, if not, I might miss her too much and would call her every day just to listen to her like this.

"Thank goodness it didn't crack – oh sheet the call's still on – h-hey, Jimin, why are you there?"

"I'm still a part of BTS, remember? Of course I'm here together with the members," I answered in obvious tone.

"Sorry, I was just surprised to hear your voice. I thought that maybe you're sleeping while the other guys called me,"

"No, I plan to call and talk to you later, after we got back at the dorm,"

And I plan to talk to you longer without any disruption or extra noise.

"Oh, so Jungkook's must've passed the phone to you?" she asked, and I leaned on the wall getting more comforted as I heard her voice closely to my ears.

"Yeah, how are you?" I asked, wanting to know her wellbeing after months being parted without any form of contact between us.

"I'm good, nothing much to do at home since my job was finishing anyways. I didn't even have to go to office!" she exclaimed, and I smiled again hearing her voice.

"Then, maybe you could meet us at the old dorm tomorrow?" I asked straightforwardly, wondering how her reaction would be.