𝖻𝖺𝗅𝗅𝖺𝖽

It was a new week and Nathalie felt different

It was a new week and Nathalie felt different. Even though her friendship with Tina is getting better by the day, her friendship with Mike and Matt felt completely different.

Those two have been asking questions to Bea about her and, of course, the girl told her everything.

Mr. Schue finally entered the choir room, grabbed a pen and wrote on the board, "ballad!" he happily exclaimed and addressed his students, "from Middle English 'balade'. Who knows what this word means?"

"It's a male duck." Brittany answered, seemingly sure of her answer, making Nathalie chuckle and pat the girl's arm.

Both Kurt and Rachel raised their hands up in the air, "Kurt."

"A ballad is a love song." he spoke dreamingly, trying to give googly eyes to Finn. Nathalie caught what he was doing and hit him in the back of his head, making him wince in pain.

"Sometimes, but they don't always express love." Mr. Schue said, "ballads are stories set to music which is why they're the perfect storm of self-expression. Stories and music are the way we express feelings that we can't get out any other way. Okay, now sectionals are in a few weeks. And there's a new rule this year. We have to perform a ballad."

"Looks like my weekly letter to the Ohio Show Choir Committee finally paid off." Rachel proudly said and Nathalie rolled her eyes, annoyed with the girl.

"Okay, so here's our assignment for the week. I'm gonna pair you off, and I want you to pick a ballad to sing to your partner. Look them right in the eye find the emotion you want to express and make them feel it."  Mr. Schue explained.

"I pick Quinn." Finn said, almost immediately and Mr. Schue shook his head, "No, no, no. Too easy. Your partners will be chosen by fate."

Everyone loved the idea to this assignment, and Nathalie also tried, but she couldn't shake the thought that Rachel could be paired off with her.

Since Matt was in the hospital because of a spider in his ear and Bea had a doctor's appointment, Mr. Schue had to put his name in the hat. Luckily for Nathalie, she got Quinn in the hat, and Rachel went in last and got Mr. Schue.

The older man was having second thoughts. He really thought he would get or Finn or Nathalie, but he got the student that's having a major crush on him, "you know what? Maybe we should just wait until Bea or Matt get back."

In the end, Rachel was able to pursue the teacher for them to do a duet with the song Endless Love, demonstrating how it should be done to Artie, who asked.