14 - Woes of a no.2 pet

Nelly growled upon hearing the alarm clock and pulled a pillow over her head. Her mind still felt foggy.

While the library was a zone uncannily rich in aether, thus a delicious place to be in, the aether there was also packed with lingering bits of knowledge and with every breath she took, her mind got more and more confused.

Letting go of Ian to grab a pillow was a mistake, he left the bed and started getting dressed, then went to make breakfast. Nelly crawled out and did the same, not noticing that her hair had messily formed two downcast cat ear shapes.

"Are you okay?" Ian asked.

"Foggy mind," she replied.

"Maybe coffee helps," Ian mumbled to himself and made her a cup with plenty of milk, passing it over.

Nelly sniffed at the drink, then brought it to her lips, after taking a careful sip, she smiled. "Tasty."

Ian returned a smile and made one for himself as well.

After eating breakfast, Nelly's mind no longer felt foggy and she got dressed, not quite sure why Ian was averting his eyes as she did. He had shown completely different expressions with those women he brought over, even if Nelly too now wore stuff similar to them.

Hm, Nelly crossed her arms and thought on it - would she prefer if Ian looked like that at her? Might be nice! He was really touching them a lot, but the information she had picked up also said that doing all that would lead to babies.

The information she had picked up also said that normie protections did not work on aether users and that pregnant women couldn't move around well and that meant she wouldn't be able to follow Ian along, which sucked, so perhaps it was better if Ian averted his eyes and petted her head without that expression he directed at those women.

Ian packed a backpack and passed it to Nelly and off they went! Of course, the dustbun crawled into Ian's jacket again.

Nelly huffed. Soon. Soon she would become stronger and then there would be no competition for the spot of pet no.1.

Since Chilli could sit on Ian's head (basically cling on Ian in Nelly's eyes), it felt like Chilli had snatched the no.1 spot like it was nothing and Nelly couldn't accept that! On their way she captured and munched on Rompels and Snarlings with a burning passion.

She didn't even pay all that much attention to the buildings they passed or the building they walked into - her eyes were seeking for prey! She only started paying some attention when they entered a room where everyone's eyes, again, settled on the rompel she was munching on.

Munch, crunch, gulp. The fake male body part disappeared into her stomach once again.

This time Nelly noticed that there was a difference between female and male reactions - the males were kind of afraid even, oddly enough.