87 - Janis (side story, Raiden's POV)

The only problem about Janis Flemming was that she was crazy.

That stuff freaked Raiden out - you never knew what to expect from crazy people, but, well-- his genius elder brother had phrased it as 'bodyguard you can screw a lot if you want' and had went along with a crazy plan of--

If there are no video cameras or bodyguards around - teleport him into a room next to Janis and see what happens if he texts her - [Guess where I am?] And if any problems happen-- well, teleport him out before any problems pop up.

Kenneth had said it would be safe, the bodyguard would know if something dangerous would be up and get him drunk with something that will make him temporarily immortal and get him out of there in moments.

But now that he was, next to her bedroom-- crap. The heck had he devised, this wasn't just freaky, this was beyond freaky-- Janis never did anything this messed up.

Whatever-- he got out his phone to find her number-- he still had it. But before he could type anything, her bedroom door opened and she came out - in a silly penguin overall pajamas with wide eyes and phone in her hand.

"You really can teleport--" was what this girl with the supposedly impeccable taste said, confirming everything Kenneth had guessed - nothing was over. She zoomed in on his face-- "--You also did that gold water thing." She let out a breath. "Magic is real, huh--" Then her eyes moved down to her body and she turned red-- "Wait up, let me get changed--"

"Stop!" Raiden called out before she moved back in. She was not freaking out about him being here, that much was apparent-- "Let me see your room." Because seeing her like this Raiden came to a simple realization - he had no idea whatsoever who or what Janis Flemming was. 

That was not a boring reaction.

She froze up looking troubled-- "It's a mess--"

"You saw mine, it's not fair," Raiden said.

And she let out a breath. "Ok--" And stepped in and aside.

Yet rather than seeing freaky pictures of himself all over Raiden saw penguin plushes and pictures of the arctic and books and a bed with a lot of cushions, all the geodes and crystal formations he had gifted her and some more, and-- a PC with three monitors one of those showing a bird's eye view of the central park from above and other had the site with the interview open. And a map with his marker on it too - or his phone's most likely. He had changed it, of course, and he had also changed his accounts and everything he could change, but that hadn't worked, obviously.

Yet for two years he had no idea.

Janis had not changed much appearance-wise, people didn't change that much in two years, but without make-up and in pajamas she seemed more like an actual person than a made-up barbie doll tailored to his tastes. And she was red-- fidgeting with the hem of her pajamas.

"Doesn't feel so nice to have someone in your room unexpectedly, huh?" Raiden asked.

Janis looked sideways, turning even redder. "It is nice, just--"

Well. Not what he expected.

"--ten minutes to change my clothes and put on make-up would have been good," Janis said, looking like she was pouting a bit, "And stuff penguins somewhere."

An amazed smile appeared on Raiden's lips. He had never noticed she was this cute.

He had his phone go back in the artifact and reached out to touch her face, she looked up at him. It wasn't like he hadn't touched her face before or done her, he'd done it plenty, actually--