96 - More event prep

"Ok," Ian nodded and spotted Valerie, Lane, Khalil, Amina, Flinn, Kenneth, and Knox all conversing with cocktails as they lounged on one of the seats.

Spotting them coming they all smiled, though and Flinn and Kenneth got up, to make space.

"I think you can stay," Oakley said, "I have poufs stored, we might as well all sit in this alchemist group and they sat back down as Oakley got out two poufs, passing one to Ian and as they sat down, Spencer stepped by to pass the two cocktails as well. "Thanks! And here we have--" she introduced Valerie, Lane, Khalil and Amina, then - "And that's the now girl version of Flinn, she's officially Knox's apprentice now, you know Kenneth, and Knox, God of Bedroom Arts."

"I know you all got this as one of your questions, so I'll just give it to you all to start out - what were you before you became gods and how did you become that?"

"We were all undead," Knox said, "Litch-type, we likely all did it by the same method of slitting wrists, bleeding to death and holding on to our goal of why we needed to keep existing in as a complete shape as possible," and all of them nodded to that.

"My goal was murdering my brother," Knox said, "the asshole poisoned me. My choices were to die due to poison or to kill myself - I went for killing myself."

"To give you some background - it is common for all alchemist kids to learn alchemy - the most talented one becames the heir, others are spares and get married into other alchemist families. I was the more talented one and I liked alchemy, my brother did it like a chore, so he obviously wasn't that good at it, but father didn't let him do anything else either.

That's not a good parenting choice - and when I returned for my revenge I saw that he had poisoned our parents too and had packed up everything, ready to leave.

I, of course, murdered him. And then I took all he had packed up and left myself because undead can't live normally around humans. Undead can only have reasonably human lives if they live in places like this and I knew where some of those were, so I moved there and pursued alchemy. I had a lot of paranoia, anger and all that stuff in me so I did some awful stuff for the first fifty years, but after that, I calmed down."

Knox looked over at Valerie then, who said - "My goal was to erase some animal species I hated by replacing them with better ones that don't cause humans problems. Six millennia ago I was in my late thirties and I realized there was no way I'd live long enough to do it, so turning undead seemed like a good move."

Ian startled hearing the number, but others seemed to know.

Valerie continued - "I went through with it, had already built a secret hideout where I won't be approached, and for the following fifty years after I trained like there was no tomorrow to keep away the paranoia flare-ups and was lucky no one stumbled on me, so I got to settle in my now dark aligned body with no one uselessly dying.

And then I spent the following three millennia to complete my goal and all the species I hated went extinct as better creatures outcompeted them - no damage was done to the ecosystems and now those smelly, damaging and violent species can only be found in dungeons."

Lane continued - "I was a non-user, I had no idea what I was doing, but I killed myself because someone had made my life miserable. They slept with and impregnated my fiance, took away all my friends, sabotaged me and drove me into bankruptcy. I kept holding on to my hatred and ended up properly turning into a litch.

I woke up cold, afraid, confused, hungry and left the cheap inn room only to hear some girl scream. I tried to make her stop screaming but she smelled delicious and I ended up aether draining her till she died and ate some of her flesh - that fixed my wounds. Then I did the same thing to another guy who came out to see what was up with the screaming.