47 - What Ian did not know

Things were back to normal. Chilli and Nelly were happy all had worked out even better than planned.

They had their secrets from Ian. Blabbermouth Lorenz had told everyone Ian was his little bro and the thing August had warned Ian about had come to pass. Even if-- Ian had likely forgotten all about it.

In the days following the Birthday party, girls started appearing all around and Kenneth had told both Chilli and Nelly what they were after - babies they could first use as temporary regeneration blessing, then sell off extremely profitably to humans desiring a healthy child or seeing side individuals with not too great intentions. Baby part-untral girls were especially good sales as they could be used as necromancer replacement prostitutes.

There was a reason why Lorenz needed Madison to watch him, but the guy had completely forgotten that by calling Ian his little bro he was setting him up to be in the same situation as him.

Ian would not be in mortal danger, but it would just be plain annoying and awful in many different ways and if any of those girls did succeed by tricks neither of them could imagine, Ian would end up hurt. It was one thing if the untral or part-untral male was selling his services with an awareness of what might happen, but Nelly and Chilli doubted Ian would suspect any of those girls were after something like that even if they told him about the possibility.

Ian liked people. He was set to view them positively. Chances of him being tricked and fooled were so high that Chilli's danger sense was acting up at every girl group who aimed to 'get to know him better.'

So-- the only method that would work for sure was to make Ian an undesirable target.

Ruin his reputation in other words.

Nelly's plan was to eat Arachnes and Chilli's part in that would be to take some pictures or videos and then they could paint Ian as a savage who aether drains and feasts on girls he screws so the girls would back off. The good part - they already found Layla and Nina delicious and their desire for them as food might as well work out-- maybe!

The problem with that, as Kenneth pointed out - the Rembrandt family would totally kill Ian if he goes for that. So they needed to make it seem like Ian was liked by Bermont, even Rembrandt family would not be so crazy to go after someone Bermont likes - he wiped out a whole empire for killing one girl he liked.

So, Kenneth used the faint connection Ian and Bermont had to trick Ian into asking Bermont to teach him dragon language. They were almost completely sure only dragons could use it, but Bermont was well known to be on the crazy side for new exciting ambrosia, so Kenneth was pretty sure he would at least try and then they would get plenty of evidence of Bermont kissing Ian.

They did not expect Bermont to use it on his own, teach Ian and give Ian a part of his own body to keep track of him. Ian was completely marked up as Bermont's property without Ian knowing a thing. Well, good Ian had no idea, not because Ian would be troubled to learn (he wouldn't be, Ian being Ian he would take it as a compliment of sorts), but because he might start liking Bermont a bit too much--

Nelly was the girl no.1, Chilli was a pet no.1, and they did not need their family to get dragon no.1 on top. They would end up living in a cave if Ian and Bermont got too close. The current mentor-mentee relationship was good - Ian was safe, but he would keep living like normal.

And-- Chilli had slipped in some nice pictures in the thread they both doubted Ian would check out with how busy they all were. And it had worked like magic - Ian and Bermont were now 'in a relationship' and Ian was a savage who literarily and metaphorically ate girls who approached him.

The only fans Ian gathered were Arachnes and those were delicious and safe to eat, Ian wouldn't be hurt by knowing he had cute (delicious) self-sufficient Arachne kids who-- would view him as a mate if they met him, so better not meet them. But that would only be a danger in, at fastest, fifteen years from now on.