91 - Miracle

And so Ian figured two things - Cookie had lived for a long time and so that's why it was a bad idea for Nelly to unmerge-- they needed to be powerful to handle it. But, her eyes glimmered-- the child she would have-- "Our kid will have cute fluffy ears and tail!" She was beyond herself.

And Cookie looked like he was close to crying again, but he only nodded and Ian leaned in to kiss the corners of his eyes just in case. "I'll have as many as you want," she added, they'd all be wonderful and fluffy after all and that got him crying--

Hoo boy, he was adorable, but also-- mhm, he really had wanted them for a really long time. But as she brushed away his tears, he smiled asking - "Can I have 50?"

"If you're the mom for half of them, at least," Kenneth said before Ian could agree-- "We can speed it up if you have Spencer before Ian, I hear that's a Kemo hack for getting twins and you are powerful enough to handle it, no?"

Cookie was surprised by the suggestion but-- "Deal," he said, agreeing right away.

"Why fifty?" Ian asked, though, curious about the number.

"They tend to have 30-50 when they get going," Kenneth said, "That's the normal amount of kids in wolf kemo families, they don't do well if they have no siblings to fight and team up with, think sort of Sirens, but on land. Just as wild and seek thrills."

"There was only me and Berno in my family," Cookie said, "It's not easy for a wolf-type and a lion-type to have kids together, but they loved each other a lot."

"Loved?"

"Father fell in a war," Cookie said, "Mother remarried three centuries later with another wolf-type, but by then we were already adults and pursuing something elsewhere, we never bonded with our half-siblings much."

Right-- Ian figured she ought to pass over the memories she got from Valerie.

"I do owe it to Eremora," Cookie agreed and nodded then smiled - "I'd like to meet Berno, even if he is likely to beat me up once he figures I let her have my soul. But being a book was great, such relaxing--"

"Almost four millennia," Kenneth filled in.

"Those were great four millennia of actually doing good all day every day," Cookie said. "Spencer came to work soon after Gallus got me, right?"

"Five years," Spencer said, "Gallus was expanding his place due to his status of having you and my previous employer lost his store in a gamble but he did recommend me to Gallus, so I was hired. I could only make three clones back then, but that's how many they needed."

"Blew up to thirty in a century," Kenneth noted.

Spencer nodded, "I did my best. I was no longer a small waiter of a small shop, but a waiter of a top-tier chef, I wanted to be a top-tier waiter."

"Why did you stay with Gallus?" Valerie asked Cookie, "He wasn't really your type, right?"

"He used me a lot and he stuffed me wherever rather than putting me down, so I got to observe him work and do my work of making sure the recipes were the best they could be," Cookie said, "Of course, Ian who goes out and hunts and gathers his ingredients is far more my type, but I left most people because they didn't use me plenty and read the recipe then put me away rather than letting me observe and improve. I like to be treated like precious, but a precious teammate not a glass piece, I'm made from Eremora's heart, after all, I won't be harmed by some sweat or oil dripping on me or Ian pouring some poison and ambrosia on me at the same time--" He cracked up. "I loved that."

Ian was very high then, but he could tell Cookie was happy and liked whatever was going on in the kitchen so he didn't bother putting the book away, but her memories of that time were a complete fuzz. Well-- good she knew now they were quite sturdy, these books because pouring stuff on them would be a complete 'out' for a normal book.