55 - Friday conversations

"Just so you know, dark-aligned sweets would make me happier than hugs," Purple noted when they did eventually let him go.

He could make that. "The only things I can make are dark chocolate truffles and hot chocolate unless my intuition is wrong and it wouldn't ruin other things," Ian said, though.

"Most nuts are fine," Purple said, "Dried powdered things tend to be alright."

Ah, that was a good tip - "So using powdered milk rather than--"

Purple nodded. "But! I wonder if Bermont knows how much you love to eat dark aligned things? If he knew-- I wonder why you don't have any undead cookbooks on you yet--" Purple said, tongue in cheek. Was this revenge for that laughing?

"You have undead cookbooks?" Nelly looked at Bermont with sparkling eyes.

Ian, too, couldn't help his feelings from showing. Undead cookbooks-- he might need to ignore some cooking babies in pot recipes, but-- Purple wouldn't say that if there weren't any good ones as well. He'd love to eat some! And Knox might like them too.

Bermont squinted at Purple and disappeared.

Purple crossed his arms with a pleased smile.

"Time," Chilli reminded, showing the screen of her phone, but that's when Bermont popped up with a pile of five books.

"These smelled more like a kitchen less like a workshop," Bermont said, passing them over.

"Thank you, I'll look them over when I can, we have to go," Ian said, but still carefully stored each book away.

"These," Bermont pointed to two black upper arm bracelets on the table that looked like they would wrap around like snakes. There were also two black rings next to them. "I put in things that seemed like what you asked and the rings contain a cursed book each, the worm ought to consider each of them worth ten barrels." Bermont was back to using 'worm' again. "So bring home twenty at least."

It was hard to tell if Purple was pleased or squinting at Bermont, his expression also seemed to say 'I'm here, you know.'

Ian, Nelly and Chilli had matching grins as they nodded. Chilli stored the items away, Ian and Nelly gave Bermont a kiss each, then Chilli cast a blessing peck on his nose.

And they popped up in the workshop moments before Kenneth did as well.

After exchanging 'morning!' as they headed to the kitchen, Ian said -

"Bermont said I can teach the language to whoever I want," he started.

Kenneth was quick on the uptake - "Knox, huh? Sounds good to me." Ian noticed, that his features had grown more perfect yet again, but that reminded him-- there would likely be no sex in the dungeon--

"What's wrong?" Nelly asked, Chilli also looked concerned.

"We likely-- won't get to do it for a month," Ian said, words falling like stones.

Nelly and Chilli gasped.

"Soundproofed tent," Kenneth said with the eyes of a dead fish. "You only need a soundproofed tent."

All of them let out breaths of relief so big like word war had been averted, then covered Kenneth in pats 'you're a lifesaver', 'what would we do without you,' yet Kenneth had a wry smile about it all along.

And then they made breakfast and did all preparations for lunch and dinner as well, it got a little hectic, but that training at the guild kitchen had come to good use and it was way easier when there was someone to direct the process. In fact, Kenneth was so good at it that -