19 - New routine

Nelly's happiness continued and Ian didn't stop her from joining him to wash together, Nelly had a feeling he might have gotten some bbq sauce in her hair, but that was a small price to pay if she got to be cleaned by him.

Purification spell was the first spell she learned in the library and when Ian went to shower, she usually drew it over her chest then went to sleep. Aether said it was common sense to be clean, so Nelly followed that, but, of course, it was so much better when it was Ian cleaning her, not a spell.

***

Ian had gotten some sauce in Nelly's hair while the guys were 'punishing' him for-- whatever, they were just being themselves and teasing him, because he gave them an opening to. Yet it wasn't a bad thing, thanks to Nelly being there it was easy to explain just by lying about one detail - her being a girlfriend - no other lies were told.

She wasn't embarrassed to get undressed and Ian avoided to look at her under her neck as he washed her hair. The closest he had gotten to washing long hair was what he had seen hairdressers do in salons because Mom did not have long hair either. Ian would likely need to get something more than shampoo eventually, but for now, that would need to do.

Twenty minutes later Ian had discovered how it was possible for male servants to wash even young and adorable female masters - Nelly was not embarrassed one bit and she expected him to wash her, so he got over it easier than he ever thought he would without getting too excited.

Although, the fact that he could, made it clear that whatever she might be - she was certainly not a girlfriend. Unless whatever he knew about romance was wrong. Not that he had much experience with anything past one-night stands, though.

When he still lived with Mom he was too busy taking care of the house and her to look for a girlfriend and he didn't feel ready for a commitment like that either. The girl who took his firsts was an upperclassman who was cheating on her boyfriend as he found out just as they were done. She whispered to him to keep it a secret because they both would be in trouble. He avoided her advances after 'because they both would be in trouble,' however.

The few after that were not interested in anything past his body and expected him to be the same so that never led to anything and when he was old enough to go to night clubs - doing it, then parting as if nothing had happened, was the norm. At times his thoughts had trailed on 'what if my father was exactly like this?' and Mom didn't mention him much either, giving Ian a sense that she might have been just like those girls who didn't expect anything to follow, so they parted ways.

She had mentioned they were drunk and that was one of the reasons why Ian didn't indulge in drinks too much. If Ian did drink, it was very little, he had never gone along with advances from a girl who couldn't walk straight either, so there hadn't been any situations where-- something might pop up after. Not because he had anything against kids, but because raising a child alone was hard and a part of him felt that none of those girls would approach him in case something would pop up, they had a similar air to his Mom in that sense - they would handle their 'problems' themselves.

And if Ian did look as dumb as those backhanded compliments implied, he likely didn't look like anyone trustworthy enough in any case. He had seen T-shirts with 'never date a guy with a six-pack, no one gets one to impress a single girl' which was right in the sense that he got it from training to be strong not to impress girls at all. If that also added to his 'air' of not being interesting past his body, then it couldn't be helped.

He was done with drying her hair at that point and they could go to sleep, she snuggled up like usual and it didn't take long before he was out. And the next morning he woke up to a delicious scent again, finding the same smug 'praise me' look on her face.