100 - Shared dinner

[[Coaly's reunion started with hugs, tears and 'sorry,' and Coaly teared up too.

"We watched the ATR," her dad said, "We got it all wrong."

Her mom also sniffled on Coaly, "I told Ruri about it before he gave your boy away, we felt--" she choked up-- "That something went very wrong with the boy you liked and you looked miserable and lost," she let out a breath-- "selling is the only way to make sure the kid is completely adopted with no way back for Baste, then the new parents treat the child most kindly and like it was their own because they think the parents didn't want them."

Coaly let out a breath-- but listened.

Her mom sniffled. "She went to the same school you did, your kid, she married a baker and lives a regular baste's life, I sometimes run into her. She looks happy. She doesn't look like you at all, she's like that Feodor boy with a bit of me mixed in."

"I-- did something stupid," Ruri admitted in tears, "I-- recognized Feodor as the father when he came back from one adventure while you were sleeping around and sent him flying with a kick. He started crying, not from pain, but-- I left without saying anything. 

It was a mess. 

We didn't know what to do. I know you got it from me-- we are not good at talking about our feelings."

Coaly's mom sniffled and added - "Sorry, I never mentioned your child, you looked like your adventures were fun and I didn't want to bring up bad memories," then broke out into a vail-- "You'd never have those dreams if I told you-- It's my fault, I'm sorry, so sorry."

Coaly looked troubled, "Mom, don't-- it's okay, I mean those dreams weren't okay, but being a book was great and I am like Dad, I'm bad at telling how I feel, I didn't ask either and I didn't explain to my teammates either, I-- uhh-- let's just have a drink and eat something warm, ok?"

"Uh--" her dad said, "I brought along Un and Dos, in case you wanted to meet them."

Coaly's ears straightened-- "Ah, take them out after we eat, what did they do for all this time?"

"I had them work in my shop," Dad said, "I didn't want to sell your teammates, Un helped with crafting and Dos worked as a shopkeeper, I know it's a waste for high-grade golems to do simple work like that, but they are funny and strong too, whenever something went on it the streets they were first to go out and join with protecting civilians before army teleported in. All the Helm street shopkeepers come to my store to hang out whenever something seems wrong."

"They are golems, Dad, they are fine as long as you have them do something useful," Coaly said as they sat down.

"Rudy kept slinking around after you went to adventure with Un and Dos," Mom noted, "I told him it was your dream to adventure and that he shouldn't expect you to come back to settle down anytime soon."

"Heeh, was he in love with me or something?" Coaly asked.

"He was," Mom said.

Pause.

"I wouldn't have minded if he came along to adventure, but he had no interest," Coaly said, "Wouldn't have worked out. Also, lacking stamina."

"Yes, he kept running to raise it. He got so good at it he outran Ruri when he went to kick him for seducing your little sister."

Pause.

"I have a sister?" Coaly asked.

"Had," Mom said, "They went on a trip and the vessel malfunctioned, she and Rudy passed away a century ago. But they were a good pair while they lived, he opened a flower shop next to Ruri's place and kept giving Milly flowers every time she stepped by - he didn't see her as a woman, of course, but she did see him as a man and went to hang out at his store after school. But he didn't see you in her, she looked like me mostly and her personality was also very tame. Ruri and Rudy were both naive and thought she liked flowers."