51 - Guild kitchen

"How much aether essences do you have?" Kenneth asked, casting a purification spell over his chest. They were still at Knox's place, drinking incredibly delicious coffee after having just gotten a proper amount of sleep. Eight hours squeezed into one. Chilli was talking with Knox while they slept.

"Around a barrel and a half, Nelly has--" She filled in that she had that much as well.

"You drank all your ambrosia with Bermont," Kenneth checked.

"No, we each have an emergency one left," Ian replied. "Bermont brought over four barrels, we drank eight and Chilli fed one to her kids," Ian also checked and Chilli nodded.

"Is that enough to make aether infused cooking all day?" Kenneth checked.

"It is," Ian said, he couldn't infuse things that fast to spend it all. It wasn't brewing ambrosia - that was a complete aether drain.

"Alright, you'll be cooking in Guild's kitchen all day, helping Rosa, the goal is to go through the entire manual you got from Purple, I already arranged that you'll make extras to taste-test yourself and send away."

Ian, Nelly and Chilli nodded. Sounded clear enough.

"In two hours, I and Cindy will have that interview talk with the classmates you seduced with food," Kenneth said.

All three of them made thumbs up.

Knox checked if the Guild offers that normally - no, not really.

"If you send me some as well, I can make feedback notes," Knox offered, saying that the wisp can take them back when it returns to take the empty tableware. The three thankfully accepted the offer.

And then, for the rest of the day they were using every tip they could use to make a pile of cold and warm desserts, Rosa got extra fridges from Purple when they ran out of space. By the second dessert Bermont just told them to send them to his apartment, they could eat them there later. When only the meat and sauce related ones were left, they made assorted platters that would go well with drinks to use up the remaining tips (Rosa's suggestion). Rosa ran off to 'squeeze a fitting storage artifact' out of Grisham, succeeded, and at the end of the day they were almost out of aether essences.

Chilli had rosy cheeks at some point and it was obvious what she was drinking to fill up missing aether-- Rosa noticed. Since she noticed anyhow they borrowed an empty wine bottle to send ambrosia to Layla along with a snack platter (Layla wasn't around all the time). And to celebrate a good day's work, Rosa, Kora and the three of them had a beer mug of ambrosia each--

And till the next shift came (for about half an hour) Chilli became a waitress and they became emergency replacement cooks. That's what Grisham had them do while he was also having a mug of ambrosia with snacks after they texted him [Rosa and Kora KOd from only a mug of ambrosia, what do we do?].

"You know," Grisham said. "Speaking of normal ambrosia (yours counts as normal, dryad creations are a mystery) a regular human can have only about a shot glass, Rosa and Kora are seeing side individuals with some skills so their limit might be a juice glass, but a beer mug is out of the question."

They thanked him for the advice and said they were sorry about this happening, though.

"None of you knew," Grisham said with a shrug and added it was fine - newbies messed up, what else was new. Obviously, Rosa and Kora would like to try and the problem with ambrosia was that those inexperienced with it always drank too much - they plan to take a single sip, but end up with an empty cup.

Grisham added that Ian and Nelly had done the same actually, downed their cups right off, then attacked Kenneth. He said they might have had a stronger resistance because they were used to being drunk on aether and their aether drain skill played a role too in converting other aligned aether into their own quickly thus also lessening the load on their bodies. But he said it might also be a feral trait, who knows, will take some time before more pop up.