43 - Dragon language

It was already 3 AM when Ian and Nelly got home, they hunted around a bit more, did manage to eat some dark aligned beings much to their joy and even happily found a yuads and both of their artifacts were full with aether essences ready to be infused in tomorrow's ambrosia.

Before bed, Ian put some chili seeds in water and got a feeling that infusing a bit of aether might help, so he did that and after eating breakfast he found that the seeds had germinated better than usual. When a wisp popped up to take away the empty dishes, Ian asked for pots and good soil and planted them all, while Chilli and Nelly were doing something on their phones.

Like yesterday, Chilli got a bad feeling about going outside, so Ian just tended to the plants, fed his swarm of fuzzy pets, cleaned the fish tank with a wash spell - it wasn't that he ever minded cleaning it manually, but using a wash spell was both far faster and didn't bother the fish, leaving the fish tank clear and the fish happy.

Ian had always had a feeling the apartment was far slower at getting messy than the previous place they had lived in, but now that he could see, it was easy to notice that his swarm of fuzzy pets lived up to their name as dustbuns and went around eating up dust. Chilis were just a snack they loved.

And when they popped up in the workshop, each holding a potted chili, they found two items they hadn't seen there before - a huge tub, a few barrels and jars of the spices he had asked. Right-- kitchen would have no space to brew, so that would need to be done here.

Kenneth soon came by and confirmed that. "Now, let me tell you something good," he said. "Feel free to start."

They put the plants on the table and Ian picked up one of the barrels, pouring it in the tub.

"Grisham said you two cheated at a game of twister by having Chilli tickle Bermont till he fell," Kenneth said.

Huh? How is that good? Ian froze in place--

"Bermont got to chug half a barrel while you two got to drink a full one," Kenneth continued. "He squinted at you, so you said you would give him the first ambrosia you ever brew as long as he keeps it a secret. He laughed saying there's no need, that he was being a sore loser, but that he would gladly accept it if you remember any of this."

Ah, so that's how Ian knew Bermont was ticklish-- What were they even thinking, though?

"Now, why this is good," Kenneth said, following Ian around, as Ian and Nelly got the missing ingredients from the kitchen. "If you want to get better at brewing ambrosia, there is no better taste-tester out there. He's a gourmet when it comes to ambrosia. If you can get him to review and give you advice, then you'll improve fast."

That really was good news, so the line he casually dropped opened him an opportunity like that. That really was extremely good news.

While Ian was grinding up some spices, Kenneth glanced at Chilli and Nelly for a bit while Ian wasn't looking, then said - "And ask him if he'd be willing to teach you dragon language in exchange for being the first person to try your next ambrosia type."

"Okay," Ian said, but-- he didn't really have another recipe.

Kenneth seemed to sense his uncertainty and added - "Seeing what's on the table, Purple put together some elements he felt define you to build ambrosia that would fit your current ability best," Kenneth said. "But it isn't like spices and chili are the only things you like. When you nail this recipe, you will likely figure out how to make something else as well."

And then Kenneth told Ian about Dragon language - that it was something little known and understood, but that it was a way to infuse information into neutral alignment aether and pass it over - visually it looks like kissing, actually it's high-speed telepathy and there is no trace of magic use left.