77 - Marry me

Kenneth was startled, while those of them who had experienced Uriah falling for Wei broke out into a laugh. Humans trying to positively wiggle out of things with dragons who could smell their intent just struck both Bermont and Uriah as incredibly cute - they had very similar tastes, but Uriah was a bit more assertive, while Bermont watched and waited.

Kenneth looked over at Ian who grinned and shrugged. "You acted way too cute just now," Ian said.

"Thank you for the compliment, I guess?" Kenneth said to Bermont.

"It wasn't a compliment," Chilli said, "Bermont will collect you if you want to be collected. And you won't get stuff written on you because you are smart."

And Bermont nodded to that.

Ian squinted-- even Chilli implied he was dumb. Kenneth broke out into a laugh now and many others joined in that.

Lola looked up at him with curious eyes. Figures, kiddies didn't get implications of that sort and she wouldn't know why they were laughing. "They are laughing because no one around me thinks I'm smart."

"Grandpa thinks you are smart," Lola said.

Right! Ian snuggled up to Lola, "I love you, thank you," Lola looked very happy about the snuggles and laughed.

Kenneth was amused as he added - "Lorenz also thinks you are smart, remember?"

Right! There was also that, but Bro was so cute that-- mhm, from Papa that was a compliment, but from Bro that was-- something to just be happy about. "But it's ok now, Kenneth, you are smart enough for both of us."

Kenneth put a hand to his face with a peculiar look, and that got another wave of laughter. "Congrats on the engagement, boss!" Adrian called out.

"You'll get matching rings with Ian," Brielle said.

"Right! Ian, Kenneth is the perfect person to officially marry on normie papers, because he will take care of your stuff if we go missing for a year or two," Sloane said, completely serious.

Right-- who else other than Kenneth? Sloane had a point-- "Kenneth, will you marry me?"

Kenneth looked at Ian in disbelief-- "Ian, I will burn your assets on luxury cars if you go missing."

Uhh-- "Ok." Ian shrugged.

"And I'll expect a formal introduction to Michael Chardon if your Mom can arrange that," Kenneth added, seeming to roll with it. 

Ian took out his phone. [Mom, can you arrange a formal introduction with your grandparents? I want to marry Kenneth on normie papers.]

And mom called him back right away-- 'Ian, what is going on?'

Kenneth put out his hand and Ian passed his the phone, "Letty, it is a practical consideration," and then Kenneth smoothly explained that Ian would be going on a dungeon raid that might take a long time and he might become a missing person on the normie side matters, so he asked to marry him, so he would take care of things. He said their assets were of a similar size and type and their family backgrounds were also of a similar kind, so as long as they sort those out formally, there would be no disputes and Ian would get them all back once he returns.

"But If Ian acts stupidly and goes missing due to that I will burn his assets by buying luxury cars which he agreed to," Kenneth finished that up. "Yes, I'll introduce him to my side as well." And a pause after. "Feel free to contact me for that." And after finishing the call, Kenneth typed up his contacts in a message to Mom and passed Ian his phone back.

After a pause, Lorelei added - "That explains why you didn't care one bit about Police work being volunteer work."

"It's not that," Ian said, "I didn't live off my assets, about 70% of my income as a policeman was plenty to have the kind of lifestyle I wanted. I only splurged a little on the aquarium in my previous place. Also-- Kenneth, how do you know about my assets?"