86 - Leland's kids

Great-grandpa spoke up - "Well, even if Leland was a good guy overall - talented, good chef, excellent sommelier, he slept around and it had seemed like a borderline accident, but now we know he likely killed his twin. 

There were so many people interested in killing him, no one was surprised he got killed and many pulled strings to make the investigation as lax as possible. Even Otto didn't press it. Everyone felt like their friend had done it due to Leland making a move on their wife."

Gramps added - "If Giselle hadn't done it, then if it had come out-- wouldn't Roland hire someone?"

"I would," Father admitted. "He was the kind of man where it's hard to blame the woman for falling for him. I remember feeling relieved that someone had done him in before he could tempt my wife, I wish it had come out sooner, though - then things wouldn't be so bad with Kenneth."

Kason nodded - "I can't imagine Dad dumping Mom due to a drunk romance fling."

Raiden also nodded - "I mean, he didn't love Mom any less even if she treated his favorite kid like crap. That Tiramisu in the trash case was plain horrid, Kenneth had done his best to make it."

Sounded like Mother had mhm-- well, looked like it wasn't only Kenneth who got carried away with things. High school gang had turned into a mafia and--

Mom came up to hug and snuggle Kenneth. "It's okay dear, I love you and I'll always eat your tiramisu with care."

Mother looked over, seeming conflicted-- "If Kenneth gives me another chance I'll also properly eat his-- her cooking."

Kenneth looked like she was spacing out, offering a nod about the tiramisu only. "I need a drink--" she noted. "How about you pick your rooms and let's go down. The unclaimed ones are currently open--"

Raiden didn't dawdle around, opening a door and heading in and the Chardons also finally went into their rooms for a quick look. And Kason, Mother and Father also went in rooms next to those Raiden went into for a look.

Raiden ran out-- then went to check out a room after those two-- then just opened the doors one after another to get a glance backtracked a few, went in for a more proper look in one-- "This one!" He said and Kenneth walked over, had a ring appear in her hand, pressed it on the handle and a name 'Raiden' appeared on the door at the place where room numbers usually were, then passed the ring over.

"This is also technology that's been around for a long time?" Raiden checked as he put on the ring and saw it adjust to his finger perfectly. Others were slower at picking but went for the same pattern as Raiden had just with a little bit more throughout run with each. Yet it was quick still.

"Yes," Kenneth said, "And people who had no idea how it works just called it magic, but it is proper technology anyone can build if they learn the theory, study the craft and get good at it."

Kason had picked the room Raiden had went in first, next to Anastasia's room, and Kenneth walked over to register it just how he had and passed the ring over.

"Kenneth," Raiden was around for that too, "Can you, by any chance, do stuff like make fire appear above your hand?"

Kenneth sighed, put up her finger and had a little bit of her aether lift up and form a sparkling blaze, burning out and fading within moments, just as Mother and Father came out having picked their room--

Raiden and Kason looked stunned and the same could be said about Mother and Father.

"That one?" Kenneth asked, seeing their looks.

"Yes," Father replied and Kenneth went over to have 'Roland and Giselle' appear and passed two rings over.

"Get changed," Kenneth said, "but read the notes - do not leave any stuff at random places, this place is special it deteriorates and destroys normal items. Use the shelves, chests and other locations to store everything, clothes included, as written. At best, leave phones and everything behind too."