68 - Tree house

"I can give phones to anyone who needs one," Grisham said and they took him up on the offer - those already had guild app on them and it was only a matter of setting up usernames and they also all got new passports, including Ian, who was now Ian Willow-- it was quick and easy like that. Nothing less expected from a group directly related to the government.

"So I'm also getting one--" Juniper looked at the passport that was passed to her.

Sloane was making snake motion dance in the background like she had greatly succeeded at some mischief. What was Royalty trying to say--

"We didn't actually need to change names--" Ian figured looking over at Royalty.

"No, but see how happy Sloane is?" Royalty asked.

That was true. "What are we, legally speaking?" Ian asked.

"Distant relatives," Sloane replied, still making snake motions. "On the normie side, Elise or someone else would submit a form of proving your relationship to someone surnamed Willow as the reason for changing it, but nothing changes otherwise. You are not adopted legally speaking, but practically speaking we adopted you, so now you are in our family as a warlock of Willow clan."

"But all of us witches and warlocks are family," Christine said, "So you are my family too even if we don't share a surname, yet if I got you right you adopted us all as a family already anyhow." She smiled, looking at him, her eyes seemed to continue with 'so you got adopted back.'

Ian smiled, shaking his head-- He had a feeling he was being adopted a lot lately, or perhaps he just let himself be adopted. Or perhaps he drank too much and did the thing he had feared he would do all his life, but-- it was far nicer than he ever thought it would be. Fifteen children--

"Would my Arachne kids consider me family if I met them in a female form?" Ian asked to no one in particular.

"They would," Sloane replied.

"Arachnes have it so sad with finding mates they use potions to switch genders," Royalty said, "the kids see both parents as mothers."

While he was happy to hear they would see him as a family-- meaning, he would get to meet them and hopefully feed them with something delicious, it was sad to hear Arachnes had it that bad-- no wonder they'd be upset with Gertrude then.

Christine chuckled. "No one is stopping you from going on a trip to increase Arachne numbers."

"I'm quarter-light aligned right now," Ian replied, but-- right-- the only one altering his aether pattern in the past two weeks had been Uriah, but that's neutral alignment.

Nelly made thumbs up - "We'll be good in a week!"

"Right, right, there's a species with a similar problem out there, who won't even mind if you are partly light aligned," Sloane said looking amused.

"Heck, guys, just how many kids are you trying to have Ian get?" Mario asked. "First Arachnes, now Sirens--"

"No, no, Mario, you don't get it--" Sloane said. "If they go for Ian, they won't kill any man in the following ten years. They'll be calm and happy and their territories will be safe to sail and explore if you can deal with sea serpents, that is. 

No paladins will get reasons to go and kill them either. If Ian happens to like them and they like Ian, then they'll be safe, paladins will be safe, humans will be safe."

Bermont made a very amused smile. "I might as well hunt some sea serpents, Ian, I can drop you off near them."

Chilli pursed her lips-- "I'll go and grow a tree for our home then," she said. "I don't like water."