rejuvenation

does the fire still burn in your eyes? does the flame still set still in your heart? does it bash against its cage and scream to be let out? do you silence it with a hush and turn it to ashes? do you bury it with the skeletons in your closet or do you let it out when you're singing into the unknown at the top of your lungs? is it free when your eyes are shining when you hear the sound of an instrument you haven't heard in so long, do they shine when you see her and does she remind you of every dandelion high pitched note? does she remind you of every sweetness in every little girl, does she remind you of day when your chest is caving in? does she remind you of the forest when the animals are asleep, when it's silent and the crickets sing their lullaby? does she remind you of the sun in winter or the sun in spring? the sun in summer when it warms instead of burns, when the light rests on your legs on a swing in fourth grade and you feel happy again. when you run your fingers through soft grass and hear the sound of the birds' homemade melody, hear the wind whistle in your ears through your hair, when your words are no longer honey-combed, will you still love her? will she still love you? will she still love you when you are a broken mess on the floor. will she still love you when she comes to make amends? did she still love me when she came to make amends. did my heart jump and leap out of my chest, a leap of faith, when she gave me an apology with an outstretched hand and a, if you will have me.
yes. the tea was starting to get cold.

it's been months since i wrote here. i thought it'd been longer. i have 1k reads. that's amazing. thank you so much.