Eid Feast. i

WRITER'S POV.

"Nafisah and Aisha" Grandmother called. "We are here" Aisha answered adjusting her duptta.

"When will you go to the market is it till when it is dark outside" they both shook their head.

"No grandmother we will just go just now. Nafisah go ask Raj to get the car ready" she nodded and left.

"Grandmother can I follow Bahabis to the market?" Habiba asked with a hopeful voice.

"Your Hafiza will be here any time soon" she nodded.

"Where is Nabila?" Aisha asked.

"Aapi is in her room" she answered. "Go tell her we are living" she ran upstairs.

"My daughter just keep looking beautiful mashaallah. May all evil eyes stay away from my family" Grandmother said as she hugged Nabila.

"Bahbi you are already going" Nafisah nodded and they all left.

"Ahamad bhai will love this saree" They all lauded at what Nabila said.

"You should pick too is eid" she agreed and and they shopped and shopped.

***

All the young females and maid in the house house gathered to cook for the last iftar of the Ramadan fast.

"Alhamdullilah Ramadan has come to an end this year" Aisha said as she washed the rice.

"And inshallah we shall witness another one" Nabilah added.

"Amin" they all said in union.

"Let me go check on the kids" Habiba said and left.

"Aapi, Aapi, Aapi" the three kids rushed to her.

"Shh" she placed her finger on her lips.

"Aapi Kareem and Kabir have being bullying me" Wajdan said.

"Why" she looked at both kabir and Kareem and they both raised their hands up.

"Wajji come with me let me show you your dress for tomorrow's feast" she beamed and follow Habiba.

"I guess we are left alone" the five year old boys said looking at each other.

"Papa is back" they both yelled as they heard the car horn.

The two boys ran out of the house.

Sheri, Ahamad and Adam came out of their cars.

They take turns in hugging the two boys. "Baba" the both held their grandfather's hand (Ahamad and Sheri's father).

"Papa" Wajdan ran to Ahmad and hugged him before hugging the rest.

"Where is this expensive aroma coming from?" Baba asked.

"You will have to wait" "good evening grand mother" baba greeted his mother. (Grandmother).

"Good evening grandmother" Sheri and Ahmad also did the same.

"You all should go freshen up before the alhadan" they all nodded and left.

"Why were you punishing Wajdan?" Grandmother asked. They both looked at each other and the two boys ran away.

"Naughty boys" Grandmother commented shaking her head. She sat down and continue reading her glorious Qur'an.

"Mashaallah I love this aroma" Nabila was about opening the pot when Aisha beat her hand away.

"The only thing you do is to love the aroma of the food without taking part in the cooking" they all laughed at Nafisah's joke.

"And why will you say that" Halima asked in a teasing voice.

"Mother in law" Nafisah said as Halima entered the kitchen.

"Nafisah and Aisha go meet your husband" she smiled at them and they both nodded and left.

"I will go meet your father you guys should arrange the dinning before Magrib" she said and left the kitchen.

"I am really tired and I  can't wait for the alhadan" Habiba said as the placed the sweet in the plate.

"Just eat the sweet I promise to keep it our lil secret" Nabila assured her.

"I will rather commit suicide than trust you" she joked and they both laughed.

"Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar..." They both smiled. Nabila carried the bowl of date and rinsed in thoroughly and took it grandmother.

"Bismillah" Grandmother said and ate it.

She went to Baba's room and did salam. Halima came out and picked six dates.

She went to Sheri's and Ahamad room and they all broke their fast.

All the men and boys went to the masjid as the women stayed back home and prayed.

"We all will be breaking our fast together" grandmother announced.

The big mat was spread in the garden and and foods that can be eat and not be wasted were served.

The men came back from the masjid and everyone sat down. Grandmother prayed and wives served their husbands and the rest served themselves.

"Alhamdullilah for a successful Ramadan" Baba said as they finished eating.

The maids packed the dishes and everyone sat back for a short story of the life of prophet Muhammad (SAW).

"Where did we stopped yesterday kareem?" Grandmother asked.

"We stopped at the battle of Badr?" He answered. She smiled.

"Kabir where did this battle took place?" She asked.

"In Makkah" she smiled and nodded her head.

"Wajdan what was the name of the first wife of our noble prophet?".

"Khadija" grandmother frowned her face.

"I meant to say Nana Khadija (RA). She smiled and she started the story.

Nabila's POV

I am Nabila khan and I am a twenty seven years old lady.

I am the third born of my family, I am an artist. I have a very handsome son and I lost his father.

My family is the best thing that have ever happened to me and I thank Allah for it.

"Ami" I looked up to the joy of my life Kareem.

"Yes son" he sat next to me and place his head on my lap.

"I love you Ami" I smiled and creased his hair.

"I love you more" he nodded his head.

"Why were you and kabir bullying Waji?" He raised his head.

"We were just playing with her Ami and she behaves like a fragile doll aka Barbie".

"Really Kareem" he nodded his head feeling proud. "Don't you know she is a princess?" I said to him.

"Then where is the prince?" He asked.

"Kabir and you are the prince and prince always protect their princess" he nodded his head.

"Mom tell me a scary fairy tale" I pulled his ear and he smiled.

"It late and Grandmother will not be happy to see you Awake" he nodded his head and ran to his and kabir's room.

Vote comment share add follow

Keep reading keep enjoying.