Chapter One

I stared at the phone in the middle of the bed that held ten digits, Maru next to me, Kai across from us, my mom at the door.

"You press call." I mumbled to Maru and he shook his head quickly. "You're older!"

"And?" He hissed out as he shook his head. "I'm not good at talking to authority."

"You think I am?!"

We both then fell into a small argument, pushing and shoving, debating who should be the one to call. Then we both snapped our heads up when we heard a deep voice.

"John Janick." He said simply? Kai staring smugly.

Our eyes widened and my mom smacked her lips before stepping forward and being the one to speak up. "Hi, I'm Nakita Tanaka-Johnson. My son Maruko and daughter Hikaru- Sorry, and Y/n did a party last night and you gave them your card."

"Oh yes, it's nice to speak with you, Mrs Johnson. I'm John, the CEO of interscope records. I saw your children and they're very talented, not to mention their mixtape which I just finished listening to is definitely something that'll hit charts. I think they have potential to do great things in the industry." Maru and I both looked at one another, face struck with shock. "Are they with you now? I'd love to give them some good news."

"They certainly are." Mom smacked my head and pointed at the phone with a glare.

"Why me?" I mumbled before cleaning my throat and picking up the phone. "Sup uh.. it's Y/n, you're on speaker.. my brothers here."

"Hey Y/n it's John from last night. I wanted to tell you and your brother that I'd love to sign you to Interscope If you'd be interested."

"Oh shit!" Kai exclaimed and Maru shoved his head into the bed, grabbing the phone from me.

"Hi Sir, it's Maru. Can you please repeat yourself because I'm not sure I heard you right."

I dropped my head back with a smile as he repeatedly himself, a hint of amusement in his voice. "I want to sign you guys to my label.. as soon as possible."

Holy fucking shit.

-

We were in LA. And not Compton, I mean.. we were in some fancy ass white neighborhood where they didn't have bars on their windows. The lawns were stretched with forest green grass, water fountains and shit, and I didn't see one Honda in sight. Yeah, this wasn't the LA I was use to. This was Beverly fucking Hills.

John, who we had gotten to know over the phone, invited us to his house so we could have a proper sit down discussion. He claimed he didn't like the whole 'meet up at the label' type thing, claiming his house made it more personal or whatever.

"It's around this corner to the right." Maru said and I nodded, biting into the last of my cheeseburger as I turned the corner, nearly choking. "Oh shit."

Almost instantly, I took notice of the large black gates that had two golden letters on the front. JJ. Jeez.. this dude really was swimming in dough. Next thing I saw was the large white mansion behind it and it's long stretch of grass as it led to a horseshoe driveway with at least five cars in it. "This nigga is flexing hard, cuh." I said with a chuckle before pulling up to the gate and pressing the little buzzer caller shit.

"Name." The person said sternly.

"Y/n and Maru Y/ln." They were silent for a moment before asking for ID. I furrowed my eyebrows and leaned back. "My ID? Nah I don't know about that bruh, you might be the feds." Maru snickered and slapped my shoulder.