Chapter seven

"This is Rek." I looked up at John as he stood in my hotel room, a tall, buff man at his side. "He's your new bodyguard."

"Bodyguard?" I questioned with raised eyebrows, I leaned down, pulling my .44 out from my backpack and sitting it on the table. "This is my bodyguard, I always-"

"You always keep a piece, I know. You tell me everyday, Y/n." He said with a sigh. "But this is for extra protection.. for when you run out of bullets-" I silently pulled an extended clipped out of my waistband, sitting it next to my gun. "Okay and if that runs out- Jesus, there's no wining with you." He huffed out when I pulled a new, jet black .26 out of my sock with a smirk.

"There really isn't bro." I said with a shrug. I then looked at Rek and saw his amused smile. "You suppose to protect me and my brother?" He nodded silently. "You got a gun?"

"Of course he doesn't have a.."

John trailed off when Rek reached into the back of his waistband and pulled out a black nine mm uzi. "This answer your question."

I chuckled with a nod before looking at John who's eyes were as wide as saucers. "He can stay." I said before putting away my shit. "So, Rek, where you from?"

He slid the piece back into its place, pulling his plain black shirt over it. "Watts." I raised my eyebrows and nodded softly. "Not affiliated though."

"I can respect that." I responded before standing up. "I usually don't have other people protecting me.. shit seems wack to me. But you're cool. Anyways, I'm just heading over to a friends hotel so you can just chill.. or do whatever it is guards do when they're not-" I turned to John with a frown as he pulled an In n Out burger out of a bag. "I told you this shits weird, J." I grabbed my backpack and pulled it on, also sliding my phone into my back pocket.

"You'll be fine, just takes some getting use to." I nodded and started walking past him before slowly backing up, stopping right in front of him. "What's up?"

"You gonna finish that?" I asked, motioning at the barely bitten burger.

He immediately started to stammer, my eyes staring into his soul until he sighed and handed me the burger. "They have pickles anyways and.. I don't like pickles."

I smirked and took a bite before walking towards the door again. "Thanks J, you're the man."

Once I was outside of my suite, I followed Jhené's direction to the one just above ours which was lowkey bigger. I wasn't pressed but damn it was a large room for one person.. or so I thought.

"What you mean, Jhené-"

"What do you think, Sean? I just want the truth.." I huffed. Another argument.

I leaned back against the wall while finishing off the burger, waiting for their childlike antics to stop. It wasn't that hard. He was cheating, she was blinded by love. They were toxic. The end. They either needed to fix it, or end it. End of.

"You know what.. I think we should take a break. I think you're effecting my mentality." My eyebrows shot up at that one. I was not expecting those words to come from him.

"You think- why do you always make me the victim, Sean? I haven't done anything and yet you make it feel like you need a break from me. Can we talk without victimizing, please? Let's just converse."

"Maybe I do need a break from you, Jhené. You're always questioning me and I can't focus anymore. I'm stressed out and I don't feel good mentally. I think.. no, we need to break up."

Then it was silent. Shit.

I was holding the final piece of the burger when I heard the door open, Sean walking out. He faced me and I stood right in front of him with unwavering eyes, tossing the last bite into my mouth. "Sup Don." I said stoically.