Chapter Eighteen

I held the rolled bag of food between my teeth, balancing the two drinks in one hand while using my free hand to lock my car door. "Need help- oh.." I looked up and frowned when I saw Sean walking towards me, only to stop in his tracks. "What's up?" I ignored him as I pocketed my key and starting to the studio where I was meeting Jhené. "Listen Y/n.. I'm sorry. For pressing you, for hitting you, that was all fucked up and I apologize."

I stopped for a second to look over my shoulder. Did I believe a word he said? Not at all. But was I gonna milk this shit? On my dead homies. "And my brother? You knocked him out for trying to help." His head dropped as he nodded, scratching his beard silently. "That was fucked up, Sean."

"I know, and i'll apologize to him too. I was in a bad head space about my breakup and I took it out on you." Bullshit, you're just mad i'm piping the girl you still love. "But I've been meeting with a life coach and he's helping me learn how to release anger in a healthy way." I could laugh right now. "And I want you to know that if Jhené is happy, I'm happy." Big cap, I could see in his eyes that he was planning a million and one ways to slide his way between us, make his way back into my girls life. But, I wasn't going to let that happen. So, if he wanted to play nice guy, I'd become Michael B. Jordan with the acting skills.

I nodded and put on my best smile. "I get you man, it's good you got a life coach.. very progressive of you." He then smiled and raised with hand. I set one of the drinks on top of my hood before shaking it.

"So.. we cool?"

I smirked internally, still slowly shaking his hand. "Yeah bro, we're cool." When he pulled his hand away and said his goodbyes, my smile dropped instantly. "Fuck you." I huffed to myself before turning around and walking into the studio.

Jhené and I haven't talked talked in a couple of days. Sure, we said our good morning and good nights but I knew she wasn't all that happy with me. Which, I don't blame her of course, but I was over it. I wanted us to be good again. I missed waking up to her early morning sage smell, meditating on the edge of the bed with her singing bowls and a cup of tea on the beside for me and for her. Damn I was a simpin ass nigga right now.

After barely speaking with the receptionist, I made my way to the room, using my hip to close the door once I was in. I immediately spotted Julien, fisticuffs, and two other guys while Jhené's voice came through the speakers.

"Baby if you we left, baby you we left it would be a historical disaster.. the kids would sing about us like the London bridge is falling down- wait, one more time please I don't like 'falling down' right there.."

I looked at the booth, smiling at my girls little serious face as she stared down at a notebook, eyebrows furrowed. I settled onto the couch besides Julien and he smiled, almost, nervously at me before quickly looking back down at his phone. Weird..

I set the drinks onto the table and started to pull out her food, making sure to keep her omelette and mine separate before if she tasted a mouthful of bacon.. she might not be forgiving me for real this time.

Once I heard her start singing again, I pulled out my phone and started scrolling down Twitter to pass the time by.

@Karu: