Chapter Nineteen

"I'm not even a fuckin- light liquor sucks Cody." I said to the frat looking boy who was trying to debate with me at the bar counter.

"It's Cole." He slurred back. "And dark taste like shit." I gave him a look, grabbing his shoulder as I wobbled slightly. "It's true bro."

"Cuh you cappin. Your university must suck." He grabbed my shirt and shook his head.

"I go to USC motherfucker." I laughed under my breath and patted his chest before turning back to the bar and grabbing my fourth cup of Henny and coke. "Oh shit, can we take a picture by the way?"

"No." I said seriously before giving him my cup. "Not until you down this." He huffed but grabbed the glass, staring at it silently before brining it to his lips and tossing it back. "Atta boy! Take out that phone."

He pulled his phone out and we took a few pictures before I was being tapped on. "Hey." I raised my eyes, knowing the girl was from somewhere but I couldn't remember.. "Emaza, we met at the Howard show?"

"Oh yea!" I nodded and tapped the counter for the guy to bring me another drink. "How are you?"

"I'm good.. just wanted to apologize, I didn't know you had a girlfriend." I chuckled under my breath and nodded before grabbing my glass, taking a sip. "I thought she was about to summon some spirits on my ass."

"Nah, not Né." I said with a chuckle. "She's not usually a jealous person, so take it as a compliment." We talked for a little more, even exchanging numbers because she wanted me to produce a song her and her sister were working on. I never turned down easy money.

I was swaying to the music when I looked at my new buddy Cody who was waving at me. "What's up?"

"We're heading to an after party at my place, please come. If you did a song or two there, we'd be kings." I frowned and took another sip of my drink. "I'll pay you."

"How much?" I mumbled.

He simply smirked. "Fifty large."

I hummed and turned back to the bartender as I downed my drink. "How many songs am I doing?"

After gathering my crew; Abe, Asia, and Kai, we were walking into the frat house. And boy I tell you.. this wasn't some ordinary house. My eyes were looking around the area in astonishment at how tall the fuckin ceiling was.

"Aye man.. I ain't feeling this white shit." Abe mumbled into my ear as he held onto my shoulder. "I just saw some niggas take somethin.. and it ain't ibuprofen." I patted his cheek and looked down at my phone.

"We just gon stay for a couple songs, imma get my money, then we dip. Aight?" He hummed and kept looking everywhere cautiously. "Chill out, cuh. It's a bunch of college kids on a Friday nig-" We both went statue when we passed some cougar with two young boys on her arm, one was making out with her neck while the other was seemingly trying to get to her tonsils. "The fuck.." I mumbled, Abe and I both pushing each other to walk forward.

"College kids huh?" He joked.

"Okay, here we are." Cody.. Collin.. whatever the fuck his name was said. I looked forward and saw a mini stage that looked to be built in recently, a mic stand and a computer with a mic on the desk. Jesus.. "A few is good, then I'll give you the check and-"

"Cash." I mumbled as he raised his eyebrows. "Gotta be cash."

"Uh.. okay yeah I think I can make that work. Just have to crack open the ole safe." I gave him a thumbs up before grabbing a solo cup from the counter and filling it up with Jack Daniels, then I walked up the few steps and grabbed the mic.