Chapter five

Two months later

"Where's your first stop?" Normani asked, laid against my back as I played the piano.

"Um.. Vegas." I responded and pulled out my phone to confirm it. "Yup, Vegas then San Diego." She hummed and circled her arms around my waist, slowly trailing over my abs. "We should really work so we don't have a repeat of our last session.. and the one before that and the one before that."

She giggled before nodding and keeping her hands still while I played the notes, rapping something I've been working on. "If we hop in the Benz is that okay? Is it okay if I call you my Prada bae? I ain't no player, I just got a lot of baes."

I stopped for a second and looked over my shoulder at the dark skinned beauty, her eyes on me as she moved to my side. "But let me tell you, I like you a lot, bae. I wanna start at the top and the bottom, bae." She smiled as I continued. "Know you want the shoe with the red on the bottom, bae. You know I like when you ride at the top, bae." She rolled her eyes at the end before slapping my shoulder and leaning back against the couch.

"New song?" She asked as I continued to play.

"Yup, it's called High Fashion but I'm not putting in on the tape." I said and leaned back, wrapping my hand around her thigh when she draped it over my lap.

"I like it." She muttered and looked down when I grabbed her hand, running my finger over her rings before picking up her hand and interlacing it with mine. "Are you hungry?" She asked, head leaning on my shoulder.

"I am. What time does the party start?" I questioned, watching as she pulled out her phone. Ariana, a friend of hers, had a release party for something, I think it was an album.

"In two hours." She said and I hummed.

"Well, isn't In n Out across the street?" Her eyes lit up and she flew off of the studio couch, me chucking and following after her. "I'll take that as a yes." I grabbed my keys and Long Beach hat, putting it on backwards while we walked out of the room. "How long do I have to be at this party?"

A giggle left her as we walked out into the humid LA air. "You don't wanna come?" She asked with a fake pout.

I draped my arm over her shoulder with a chuckle. "I'll come because you want me to, but I just wanna know how long we'll be there 'cause I don't really like parties like that."

"Not long, I promise." I gave her a look and she laughed. "I swear! The album is like an hour, plus thirty minutes of like.. getting there and hanging around." I groaned and dropped my head back, making her rest her hand on my stomach as she laughed harder. "Stop being a brat."

I smacked my lips before looking up when I started to hear snaps. My eyes squinted, noticing a pap walking around a tree and heading towards us. I went to slide my arm off of her shoulder but she simply grabbed my hand, pulling it back over.

"It's okay." She mumbled. "Is it with you?"

I shrugged and pulled her closer. "Shit, who am I to not be seen with the Melanin Queen."

And I meant that. I mean, Normani was cool, she was different. She wasn't asking me for a label, or a title. those were both the same thing but it felt like they had different meanings.. I don't know.