Chapter Two

"This shit gonna be fire bro!" Sean said as he bounced around from his spot on the couch.

When he said he was going to finish the song, he wasn't lying. After that day we ended up becoming hella cool and winded up making music for the past three weeks. We finished our track, and a few of his because he liked my beats so much. Not that I minded, when I heard what I was getting paid for it I was willing to produce his whole damn album if he wanted. Five grand a song? Hell yeah, I'd pull all-nighters if needed.

"Moves is gonna blow man." I said as I leaned back and turned my cap backwards, then grabbing the blunt from Maru when he handed it to me. "Don Life is gonna be crazy. You know when you're gonna drop?"

"Nah to be honest." He replied as he scrolled down the notes in his phone, to which I found out was where he kept all his raps. "I'm just trying to focus on the road and not the destination, you know? Like.. I always was so focused on finishing that I never enjoyed the process. I'm trying something different."

I hummed and blew out the smoke, watching it float up to the ceiling slowly. I was so focused on making ghosts with the smoke that I didn't hear the door open.

"Aye Y/nn, I wanna introduce you to someone." Sean said. I nodded and turned around on the swivel chair as I took in another puff. "This is my girl, Jhene." I glanced at his side and, instantly, I let out a rough cough. I knew exactly who the fuck that was, and I knew she did too. "You good bro? Thought you could handle the gas."

"I can." I breathed out and parted my chest before handing Maru the blunt. "Um.. it's uh.. nice to meet you." Jhené looked at me with slight panic in her eyes as she forced a smile.

"You too." I swallowed thickly and turned around in the chair slightly to avoid those dark eyes that were now gonna haunt me.. all over again.

How the fuck didn't I know Sean and Jhené were dating? I mean.. goddamn, I should've probably picked up on that shit from social media- ugh this was fucking shitty.

"We're working on our album twenty88 and- babe this the one I told you can make beats like a motherfucker- but I wanted to know if you could produce some tracks for us." I should've said no, that would've made everything a lot easier. But, me being stupid, I simply nodded with a thumbs up. "Dope. Aye Maru, can you help me go get the food from the front? Jhené, run some of the song ideas by her please."

I raised my hand but they were already leaving. Leaving.. us alone.

"So.. Jhené-"

"Mm nope, we're strictly talking music, okay?" She said with a soft voice as she pulled a notebook out and started to flip through it. "So this one.." She looked up and caught my eye, her eyebrows furrowing. "Stop looking at me like that."

"I'm just looking at you, Né." I said with a chuckle. "How's life? It's been a while."

"Good." She shorted.

I scooted my chair closer to hers, staring her down as she crossed one leg over the other. "Has it really?" She looked up and rolled her eyes before looking back down. "The girl I knew nine years ago wasn't so closed off-"

"Yeah well, that girl also wasn't cheated on." She retorted.

Huffing, I rested my hand on her knee but she pulled back. "Né I never.. I never cheated on you. You know that." She simply kept her eyes on the notepad so I smirked and scooted closer. "Tell me.. why would I cheat when you were the only girl who made me solely cum from head-"

Her gaze raised quickly as she shot forward, her hand clamping over my mouth. "Hikaru!" She hissed and looked over her shoulder. "Nigga don't say shit like that."