Chapter fourteen

"So the main focus right now is an album." John said as we all worked out together in his gym. Don't ask me why he decided this was the place for a meeting. "Do you guys have a theme that you want?"

"Yeah, we were thinking to just stay true to ourselves, you know?" Maru started and I simply nodded while hitting the punching bag in simple jabs. "We're not just hood, we can do R&B, we can sing. Especially Y/n but she be playing and don't show that side."

I waved my hand at him. "I do it when I see fit."

"I like it." John laughed out. "And then after the album is promoted and pushed, a tour. Anyone you guys have in mind?"

I stopped punching the bag to look over. "Dababy, coldest nigga out right now. Everything he's dropped so far is a bop." He hummed with a nod as he typed on his phone. I looked at him with curiosity, then at the mat that was empty. "Aye J, spar with me."

He looked at me with wide eyes as I started to the ring. "Uh.. what?" I climbed in and used my forearm to wipe the sweat off of my forehead before pulling off my gloves, tossing them to the side. Maru simply held a smirk as he started to pull out his phone. "I don't think this is a good idea, Y/n."

"Sure it is. You're too tense and sparring can relax you." I waited until the mid aged manager climbed in and stare at me skeptically. "I won't go too hard on you.. just a little judo."

"Okay.." he said, not convinced.

I tightened the bandana around my head to keep the hair out of my face before spreading my legs slightly to be shoulder length apart. "I want you to come at me in a strategic way. Go."

He swallowed before running forward and wrapping his arms around my waist, trying to lift me. I snorted and let him struggle for a few seconds before I grabbed the waistband of his sweats, sticking my foot behind his leg as I pushed forward quickly. The force of me pushing sent him backwards but I tucked my head and did a front roll, keeping his waistband in my grasp. Once I rolled onto my butt I pulled him with me, landing him on his back harshly as I pinned his legs to his chest.

I looked over at the phone Maru was recording with, smirking. "This gonna be you, Line, watch ya back." I winked at the camera before motioning John to get up.

To be honest, it was all a repeat. He'd shoot for me, I took him down. Every. Time. It was quite funny if I'm being honest. I eventually let him get me down once and he was ecstatic.

"Yes!" He exclaimed as I rolled onto my stomach with a chuckle. "You see that Maru? I dropped her."

This guy..

"I saw bro. By the way, Y/nn, Jhené texted you." I pushed myself off of the mat and shook my head, still laughing as I walked over to my gym bag and grabbing my phone from the top. I saw a series of messages from the blasian Queen herself.

Mana Mama🌋❤️: i left the studio early because my head hurt :(

Mana Mana🌋❤️: text meeee, I miss your annoying ass

Mana Mama🌋❤️: plz entertain me im bored